Our Customer Success team advises and guides our wide array of enterprise customers as they map any number of business needs to Zendesk. We ensure customers are optimized and scaling thoughtfully through impactful engagements, all passionate about driving business and technical value. A catalyst to this is the work our Success team does to understand a customer’s business, work creatively to provide solutions to challenges, and ultimately help their business innovate and transform using Zendesk.
A leader within our Success organization is genuinely conscientious, strategic-minded, personable, organized, and dedicated. They believe that a customer’s experience (CX) is the common thread to transform a business and have an outstanding ability to instill that knowledge and interest into their colleagues and team. The ideal candidate has experience and passion for current and evolving customer support trends.
What you get to do every day
- Lead a team of Customer Success Managers who are each responsible for leading a portfolio of accounts to achieve and exceed quarterly departmental churn and contraction targets
- Be a trusted partner concern point for the team and customers where churn/contraction risks exist
- Partner with Sales Management to ensure Success engagements are driving value, resulting in renewals and expansions
- Forecasting on Churn and Contraction
- Participate in dry run and deck reviews to provide feedback to drive a better customer experience.
- Work with Sales and Success Leaders to identify trends and uncover opportunities for improved or new success engagements or customer training offerings
- Ensure your team follows program methodology to proactively engage with customers
- Be a resource to the team on customer service industry trends so that you can participate in configuration review development and presentations
- Operate as an indispensable partner to your Sales counterparts to design a value delivery, retention, and growth strategy for the region, and provide strategic support on specific commercial situations to help close deals
- Partner with C and C-1 executives at your highest-value customers to strengthen and deepen their relationship with Zendesk, and provide partner concern support when needed
- Operate as a crucial member of the Customer Success Leadership team, a right-hand to the Global Head of Customer Success, and a trusted teammate with peer executives to craft, mobilize, and deliver on our vision for an outstanding Customer Success organization.
- Collaborate with each team leader to implement growth plans to accelerate business growth in Japan
What you bring to the role
- Track record of building a functional or regional strategic plan
- Strong collaborator with strength in leading and influencing through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building
- Experience in an operating role in a SaaS business, including sales, sales operations, sales enablement, business development, account management, service delivery, or customer success
- A bias for action, results, and delivery, with a high-quality bar
- A highly developed ability to build a sense of dedication, trust, and positive culture across all facets of the business. Ability to energize people and teams and establish a cross-functional partnership
- Forward-thinking and problem-solving approach; drawn to building off ambiguous and unsolved problems and “making it happen”
- Demonstrated ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all levels of employees in a team-oriented environment
- A “humblident” (humble + confident- one of our key leadership qualities at Zendesk) team player who can wear many hats
- Proven success in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative environment
- Encouraging leaders with a proven track record to mentor and develop senior team members
- Demonstrated capability to lead change and constantly improve processes while bringing your team along for the journey
- Positive, driven, and energetic; able to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Results orientation with a tireless work ethic paired with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches
- 5+ years in people leadership including 2+ years as a second-line Manager
- 8+ years in a customer-facing function such as consulting, sales, or customer success
- Comfortable communicating with confidence in both Japanese and English
- Previous experience in SaaS services delivery preferred
- Previous experience working with large enterprise accounts preferred
- Zendesk is a fully flexible digital-first organization
- Occasional travel for work, always with purpose
About Zendesk – Champions of Customer Service
Zendesk software was built to bring a sense of calm to the chaotic world of customer service. Today we power billions of conversations with brands you know and love. We advocate for digital-first customer experiences — and we stick with it in our workplace. Over 6,000 employees worldwide have the flexibility and trust to choose where they work. The fact is, we know great work happens anywhere. Whether you’re collaborating from your home office, a Zendesk workspace, or the kitchen table, you’re part of one team at Zendesk.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
For jobs in the US only: If hired, you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and will be provided with an opportunity to request accommodation for reasons recognized by applicable law. This is a requirement of employment for jobs based in the United States.
For jobs in Australia, Brazil, Canada, the Philippines, and Singapore: If hired and required to work in an office or in person with others as part of your job, you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Zendesk will consider exceptions for reasons recognized by applicable law. This is a requirement of employment for jobs based in Australia, Brazil, Canada, the Philippines, and Singapore.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk’s Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.