Interested in driving Spotify’s developer portal philosophy among some of the largest and most advanced tech companies? We in Spotify’s Backstage team are looking for a Customer Success Engineer with a unique balance of technical knowledge, eye for business, and interpersonal skill to kick start the area focused on providing experienced support to our customers and automating problem solving.
We’re seeking versatile engineers skilled in web development and customer interaction who can bridge gaps between systems troubleshooting, development, and customer needs. Ideal candidates have a strong background in developer productivity and/or infrastructure, technical consulting and customer management or similar roles.
Join a high paced, startup-like team of engineers, marketers, business developers, and product managers to drive an entirely new technology-focused business line and distribution channel. We want someone who’s passionate about that type of environment.
What You’ll Do
- Connect with prospects & customers (running demos, sharing roadmaps, answering general questions)
- Provide technical support to developers using Backstage
- Triage and address new requests, issues, and customer concerns
- Develop a deep understanding of customer concerns, share insights when metrics and anecdotes may differ
- Analyze trends in support asks, update FAQs/learning materials
- Identify points of friction in the adoption and integration experience of Backstage
- Collaborate with marketing and business development to support building sales collateral
Who you are
- You have an understanding of how developers work and collaborate within an enterprise environment as well as extensive experience with modern web development and infrastructure
- Experience developing resources to support a developer platform (i.e. documentation, tutorials, sample apps, API client libraries)
- Experienced in platform diagnosis and trouble-shooting
- Excellent communicator with strong focus on customer needs
- Having worked in tech consulting and/or customer management
- Experience working with/contributing to backstage.io is a bonus
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? This role sits within a distributed team, operating across the Central European and Eastern time zones, so we optimize for having most of our group activities in the overlapping hours and work asynchronously for the rest of the day
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Our global benefits
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives let you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off – fully paid – for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
Spotify is an equal-opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.