Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
The Senior Director of Customer Success at Paper will be responsible for managing a rapidly expanding portfolio of school districts, working closely with leadership across Sales, Customer Marketing, and Implementation to help our customers realize value across the customer’s life journey. This person will be the focal point for customer analytics, driving customers towards activation, championing and evolving the voice of the customer program, and using key customer insights to drive CS strategy across our regional teams.
We are looking for a dynamic, data-driven, operationally focused customer experience leader with a proven track record of scaling Customer Success teams and enhancing customer value via cultivating relationships and proactive risk mitigation. To be successful in this role, you must revel in both the strategy and the tactics, be a collaborative team player with domain expertise and have a keen eye for detail. You should know your way around a dataset, be comfortable discussing customer campaign tactics with our Customer Marketing team and be proficient in communicating with executive stakeholders internally and externally.
This role will have significant revenue responsibility with over $60M in annual recurring revenue under management. You will co-own revenue responsibility, in partnerships with Sales, for closing renewals and expansions. Key metrics for this role include: Gross Revenue Retention, Net Revenue Retention, and Customer Health (primarily driven by product adoption). You will also be assessed on your ability to recruit, engage and retain a diverse and high-performing team.
You will be a key member of the global CS leadership team and will report to the VP of Customer Experience. You will work to execute proactive customer engagement and retention strategy, drive ongoing adoption initiatives, lead business reviews and account planning, forecast and close predictable renewals. In this cross-functional role, you can expect to work with members within Sales, Marketing, Implementation, Product, Finance, Operations, and Legal.
This position can be located in any geography in the US or Canada.
- Set the overall vision & strategy for the Customer Success team.
- Nurture a high-performing team of 4 regional team leads and 50+ CSMs.
- Work closely with leadership in Customer Marketing, Account Management and Implementation to deliver value across the customer lifecycle and proactively tackle bottlenecks to customer value realization.
- Optimize the post-sales customer journey, ensuring customers recognize value from the Paper product.
- Co-own the renewal process alongside the account management team.
- Design, implement, and champion the VOC program at Paper and ensure that it is the strategic focal point for the Customer Experience, Product, Marketing, Service, Data and Sales teams.
- Own the Customer Activation Funnel from end to end and lead with insights.
- Drive our understanding of customer health in collaboration with the data team.
- Generate, maintain and continuously fine tune a pulse on our key customers and their users, and use this to drive our strategic initiatives and team focus.
- Extensive CX experience in B2BC / B2B environment.
- Customer centric, service oriented leader who is willing to get their hands dirty.
- Live and breathe data, analytically minded.
- Familiar and comfortable with growth marketing tactics (bonus points for hands-on experience).
- Process design.
- Team leadership.
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck.
- Remote first environment.
- Annual company-wide meetup.
- Opportunity for career development with a fast-growing company.
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable.
- Stipend to help support the growth of your home office.
- Unlimited access to tutoring for children of Paper employees.
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board – our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn’t able to pass on any calls/ emails our way – and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.