One leads to the other. At Moody’s, we believe good teamwork gives us an edge. We foster a culture that thrives on diverse perspectives to overcome ever-changing market challenges. Join us and let’s move the world forward together.
Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
In the Banking group, we help lending institutions make important decisions about their business, particularly when they are providing loans, managing risk, or conducting financial planning for the future of their institution. We do this with our innovative software and reliable analytics, helping them understand how to do their job better through training, learning solutions and advisory services. We are a dedicated team of experts in technology and financial analytics who understand what our clients need.
Customer Success Management is critical to our short-term and long-term profitability as an organization. We are successful when our clients realize continued value from our solutions and services. Customer Success Managers will measure achievement by increased customer adoption, reduced client turnover and meaningful customer engagement, including expanded organizational relationships. The candidate will be able to understand the customer needs and relate them to our capabilities, identify new use cases and ensure clients obtain maximum value from our solutions. They should also be able to navigate customer organizational challenges to build support as well as to mobilize MA resources to address client needs in a coordinated way, as required. Through customer partnerships the Customer Success Manager will develop client references and source marketing content, organize client events and lead other community-building (customer) events. They will serve as the voice of the customer in development roadmap discussions and as a channel to the customer base for product communications.
This role requires a strong understanding of commercial banking, in particular ding and/or risk practices. It is expected that this person will have the ability to establish a customer journey roadmap that clearly articulates near-term and long-term customer needs from the customer’s perspective, including clear ROI benefits. A successful candidate will define customer engagement strategies by relating their industry and product knowledge to the customers’ critical priorities, and be able to communicate the value of our offering through demos and solution discussions.
Areas of Responsibility: Customer Knowledge
- Gather information on customer use of Risk, Finance and Lending solutions and communicate to internal partners (product, research, client support) to build engagement strategy
- Proactively and effectively conduct discovery and understand the client’s objectives and priorities
- Anticipate customer needs by offering new insights and ongoing engagement with direction
- Identify best practices around solution application to solve customer problems based on jobs to be done (different user needs)
- Possess necessary expertise and confidence to conduct meetings independently
- Develop engagement plan to deepen interactions with each customer, resulting in stronger use of our products
- Coordinate delivery of Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs)
- Proactively manage client engagement to drive account loyalty including, maintaining health scores to reflect risk assessments and forecast full year churn rates
- Maintain engagement risk scores to identify customers with little/no engagement
- Learn and share industry best practices with stakeholder groups
- Partner with Sales on Executive Outreach campaigns
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the client; able to open up discussions of business priorities rather than product
Solution Communication, Feedback & Relationship Management
- Partner closely with an internal stakeholder team across Sales and the business domain to support the customer journey across user adoption and executive engagement
- Strong communicator who can translate business needs and demonstrate solution value
- Channel customer feedback to MA development teams
- Communicate new product developments to customers
- Relationship builder who empathizes with every aspect of the customer experience and ensures continuity in the customer journey
- Coach, educator and trusted advisory, promoter of customer confidence to achieve near-term and long-term goals in partnership with Moody’s
Marketing Collateral and Events
- Coordinate development of case studies and other collateral to highlight the benefits of our solutions
- Contribute to preparation and delivery of webinars
- Advocate for customer community-building events
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in banking or financial services industries
- Prior experience in client-facing role required, including Customer Success Manager, Consultant, Banking Relationship Manager, Bank Lender or Sales Specialist position
- Understanding of banking industry – regulation, origination and risk practices
- Experience with Commercial Real Estate lending a plus
- Ability to build relationships at all levels with clients/prospects and the internal organization
- Demonstrate ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Self-starter willing to roll up sleeves to create required content or make necessary viable customized offerings for customers
- Position normally requires 10-25% travel in US for client meetings
- Undergraduate (e.g., Bachelor’s degree) required
- Graduate/second-level degree preferred
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination on start date, as determined by Moody’s.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or based on a sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position may be considered a promotional opportunity, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
For Colorado-based roles only: the anticipated base salary range for this position is $125,200 to $181,600, depending on factors such as experience, education, level, skills, and location. This range is based on a full-time position. In addition to base salary, this role is eligible for annual performance incentive compensation. Moody’s also offers a competitive benefits package, including not but limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan with employee and company contribution opportunities, life, disability, and accident insurance, a discounted employee stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.
Candidates for Moody’s Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.