Our Vice President, Customer Success and Professional Services (CS/PS) is a strategic member of our senior leadership team. Reporting directly to our Chief Revenue Officer (CRO), this leader / they will own the strategy and delivery of global customer success and professional services at Intercom. The VP, Customer Success and Professional Services will define and be accountable for how Intercom customers achieve success & strong ROI with our platform including usage, onboarding, adoption and renewal. Overall, this leader will own and guide our efforts in discovery, customer advocacy, and account growth.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Partner with the CRO to evolve and manage the global customer success function, including Sales Engineering (pre-sales), Professional Services, Solution Architects, and Customer Success Managers
- Drive customer successful outcomes & strong ROI including increasing product adoption, expansion, advocacy and renewal rates while reducing churn
- Attract and manage best-in-industry talent, fostering collaboration across the team, identifying development and learning opportunities and coaching team members to uncover their highest potential
- Serve as the senior leader coordinating Intercom’s response to customer escalations
- Track and report on key team metrics to inform CRO and CEO decision-making
- Develop frameworks and engagement models that optimize customer success, team staffing and overall customer engagement
- Partner with the VP, Customer Support to maximize effectiveness across organizations in service to our customers
- Identify key trends in customer experience and health metrics in order to refine how we serve our customers. Work closely with our R & D team to provide feedback and insights to improve product strategy
- Partner with the Customer Education team to ensure customer adoption as we enable their success on the platform
- Collaborate with Marketing to celebrate customers’ success through advocacy and cross-customer interactions
What skills do I need? 📖
- 15+ years experience in Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- 10+ years leading customer success teams for technical products with mid-market and enterprise customers
- 2nd or 3rd line leadership experience leading large multinational or global teams
- Consistent overachievement of goals and targets
- Experience implementing and driving usage, adoption and renewals
- Exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills. Strong executive presence, influencing skills, presentation skills, and business insight.
- Strong mid-market/enterprise customer experience with the ability to communicate effectively with customers at the executive level as needed
- A demonstrable desire for innovation, continuous learning, and improvement
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, critical projects is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, reactive, changing, and results-oriented atmosphere
- Proven success working within a highly matrixed organization and establishing strong relationships across the organization
- Develop internal relationships with executive leadership, key stakeholders, and peers in other functions
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing, engaging, and retaining a high performing customer success organization
- The ability to see the big picture without losing sight of the details; the ability to inspire a team to drive consistent excellence
- Experience thriving within a global software company delivering $200M-$1B in revenue
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews – great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.