Validity – Associate Customer Success Manager
About the Role
In this role, the Associate Customer Success Manager (ACSM) has a strong focus on clients, their email programs, and how to troubleshoot any issues they are having with email deliverability, based on the data and tools customers have available to them through the Validity Everest platform.
The ACSM is responsible for delivering ongoing proactive and reactive support to our customer community. “Community” refers to the customers who, based on spend, do not receive a dedicated Customer Support Manager for general product and support inquiries, but instead their requests are managed through a team of Associate Success Managers via a queue. In addition to managing a queue of incoming requests, ACSMs are also responsible for delivering proactive outreach to the community, ensuring timely, relevant, and meaningful information is shared that will improve customer adoption, retention, and the overall customer experience.
Each day will vary but an ACSM can expect a typical day to consist of managing the incoming customer request queue alongside other ACSMs, providing general guidance and instructions to customers, problem-solving customer issues, and proactively reaching out to customers with relevant content and periodic check-ins.
The Associate Customer Success Manager reports to the Director of Customer Success. The ACSM works very closely with its Community CSM team to manage the queue of customer inquiries focused on resolving customer requests as quickly as possible and delivering an exceptional customer experience. The ACSM also works very closely with the Customer Support team in transferring queries to them which require more technical support and vice versa. The ACSMs also work alongside Dedicated CSMs (owning 1:1 customer relationships) for sharing best practices but also to ensure smooth handover of customers moving across dedicated/pooled as well as with the team responsible for onboarding new customers.
We are looking for a candidate who is positive, driven, and has a customer-first mentality. The candidate must be an exceptional team player, as this team’s success requires an equally distributed workload across teams, with efficient execution of customer queries whilst maintaining high service standards and customer satisfaction. This individual is someone who works well with others, has a “get the job done” mentality, and can contribute their own expertise in email and/or customer success to ensure high levels of adoption and customer retention.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for fielding incoming customer requests and questions, via email, tickets, and calls and following up on all actions agreed with the customer promptly
- Effectively manage customer inquiries that are outside of the team’s scope, ensuring properly routed to the right team and issues are addressed in a timely manner, ultimately owning customer interaction and resolution.
- Proactively schedules quarterly check-ins with an assigned group of customers, conducting client meetings to communicate best practices, successes, and data results.
- Proactive outreach at scale – help produce and execute a proactive communication plan to customers with “reasons to call” topics that represent specific trends, and new/changing requirements, promote new features, or address recurring challenges to ensure the outreach is meaningful and customers derive value.
- Proactive outreach relevance – works to understand how our products best support customers depending on their organizational structure, business model, and email and data goals to provide quick and efficient guidance and recommendations to effectively use the Validity tools and solutions at scale.
- Understand and demo new product releases/features to customers and provide customers with metrics to showcase value over time
- Ensure stickiness by ensuring the product is used to its fullest capacity and new use cases are identified
- Work closely with Sales, Support, Marketing, Product, and Executive teams as the internal champion for customers
Required Experience, Skills, and Education
- 1-2 years in a customer service/support role, managing customer inquiries in a fast-paced environment with a large software customer base. Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Sales acumen to work closely with account executives to support upsell efforts
- Ability to conduct business analysis and ask questions that reveal answers on how to adapt offerings to meet customer needs
- Be self-motivated and success-driven
- Ability to quickly build rapport and build strong and productive working relationships
- Project management experience to manage post-sale implementations, create and execute post-sale meeting cadence with customers to monitor rollout success, help set customer expectations, report on issues, and help mitigate risks in implementations
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of relevant experience
- Email Deliverability experience a plus
- Salesforce configuration or technical background a plus
Salary range is $55,000 – $60,000 plus benefits, bonus opportunities, and stock options. Final salary may vary depending on skills, location, and/or experience.
For over 20 years, tens of thousands of organizations across the world have relied on Validity solutions to target, contact, engage, and retain customers – using trustworthy data as a key advantage. Validity’s flagship products – Everest, DemandTools, BriteVerify, and GridBuddy Connect – are all highly rated, #1 solutions for sales and marketing professionals. These solutions deliver smarter email campaigns, more qualified leads, more productive sales, and ultimately faster growth.
Validity is a truly unique company – massive revenue growth, top-tier investors, 5-star product ratings, proven ability to acquire and integrate top tech companies and welcome them into the Validity family, a winning culture, and a work environment that fosters hard work, trust, and fun.
Headquartered in Boston, Validity has offices in Tampa, Denver, London, Paris, Sao Paulo, and Sydney. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.
Validity is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.