Customer Success Manager
When you join Turnitin, you’ll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. You’ll join our diverse community of colleagues who are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. So come join us and begin the most gratifying next chapter of your career.
For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Our products are used by educational institutions and certification and licensing programs to uphold the integrity and increase learning performance, and by students and professionals to do their best, original work.
Transacts with a group of complex clients/customers following the onboarding and implementation stage and handles contract renewal activity, engages with significant problems and queries as an escalation point from the tech support team (handles more complex and broader problems), builds enduring relationships in the account with decision-makers with whom they work to scale the account. Mentors and supports other team members. Responsible for ensuring customers get the maximum value from our solutions, retaining customers, and growing usage and adoption (up-sells).
- Manage the relationship for a portfolio of accounts – ensuring client/customer success and satisfaction as required, resolving issues and problems, and driving for proactive positive outcomes – to boost satisfaction, increase adoption, and ensure retention, ensuring client/customer success and satisfaction as required, resolving issues and problems and driving for proactive positive outcomes.
- Partners closely with customers to understand their business needs and objectives and to sell the value of Tii products against their needs. Gives robust expert support about Tii products, features, and opportunities enabling client/customer accounts to grow. Knows client/customers’ histories and stories well, what they need, why they need them, and what is their usage, is informed and ready to engage with the client/customer closely based on a full working knowledge of the client’s situation.
- Executes a strategic plan to expand the customer base from within the existing accounts managed. Achieves renewals and growth targets, creating self-directed plans and tasks to ensure client/customer success and that Tii sales targets are achieved in line with the Company’s goals.
- Works collaboratively to ensure clients/customers renew with an appropriate price uplift and preferably with upsell opportunities – working with other teams to realize profitable results. Owns the customer renewal process and outcome, discusses contract terms with clients/customers, and keeps track of timelines.
- Effectively communicates the value proposition, telling compelling stories through proposals and presentations, in RFPs/bids and tenders, and at client and user events in order to deliver business growth.
- Works with all members of the GTM team to analyze clients/customers’ data to identify growth opportunities and client/customer issues and to prepare concrete plans and campaigns, both strategic and tactical, to address issues and realize growth opportunities – continuously driving growth from existing customers and driving up adoption and usage.
- Work via GTM Team members to ensure Tii is building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships – work with Technical Support, etc to drive positive change for the client/customer.
- Liaises closely with Sales/onboarding Teams to take a hand-over on key accounts, gaining a smooth introduction to enable a seamless service experience for the client/customer.
- Work closely with Marketing regarding the communication and lead generation events required in the market/area – building a mutually agreed annual marketing/communications plan for the territory/area. Participate in team campaigns, following up with targeted clients/customers to reach goals.
- Ensures that all internal systems, processes, and ways of working are fully completed timely and diligently, in line with company standards, ensuring that data accuracy is always 100% and precise. This includes track/react reporting on CRM. Complete all relevant admin processes and procedures, using Tii systems – e.g. salesforce – complying with Tii standard ways of working.
- Communicates effectively between the Client/Customer and Product teams, and documents Client/customer requests appropriately.
- Strong team player, supports teammates, and helps others whenever the opportunity to do so presents itself. Takes part in improvement projects as requested, and makes proactive recommendations for change from customer/client feedback.
- Generate referral leads for the Sales team through customer networks and relationship building.
- Tracks own performance, provides general data and reports, and updates as required.
- Actively progress in personal development.
- 3 years of related work experience as a customer success manager, with data analytics and Software Sales industry experience
- Results driven self-starter
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated sales and objection-handling skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent phone presence
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric – We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning – We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace that enables them to do so.
- Integrity – We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership – We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team – We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset – We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veteran status.