Are you passionate about the chance to bring your experience to a world-class company that is market-leading or both content and technology? If yes, we’re looking for you.
The Director of Customer Success Operations will be responsible for managing daily operations to achieve the designated goals for the Customer Market Segment Customer Success team.
You will be key in designing and supporting our Customer Success Management (CSM) strategy, including coverage modeling, process, and playbook design, customer health data management, and reporting. You’ll build the process that supports our customer success strategy for onboarding, retaining, and growing our customers. You’ll lead strategic initiatives that increase the productivity of the Customer Success team, identify opportunities to remove administrative burdens, own strategy, and execution of annual planning, and develop plans for field tools through operations to support retention and growth through tactical and strategic initiatives.
About the Role
In this opportunity as Director, Customer Success Operations, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing a growing team of operations specialist focused on Renewals and similar strategic initiatives targeted to improve renewal performance, upsell and cross-sell
- Reporting – creating dashboards, customer reporting, pipeline, and forecasting
- Planning – Support territories design, account assignment, and quota setting processes
- Define, lead, and track strategic and operational programs to successful completion.
- Renewal Processing – create a process to offer back-office support for renewal execution.
- Activation – manage playbooks and design launch campaigns.
- Enablement – create training, learning journeys, and tracking for the Customer Success team
- Customer Advocacy – work cross-functionally to support customer advisory boards, referrals programs, and advocate communities.
- Analytics – work with the internal analytics team to perform analytics to support initiatives (e.g., churn prediction for high-risk accounts.
- Assess current operating processes and business models relative to the current market dynamics and position.
- Partner with Sales Enablement to build and improve the Customer Success training program for onboarding and continuous education on products, Customer Success skills, and processes.
- Structure, document, and communicate rules of engagement and Customer Success policies within organizations balanced between the right level of required documentation and ease of use.
- Work closely with all stakeholders and departments that directly and indirectly influence the success of the channels, such as Finance Operations, Customer Support, Sales Training, and Sales Enablement to ensure optimal engagement with business plans.
- Serve as a key resource for post-sales inquiries while focusing the team on priorities that drive and impact customer success.
- Proactively integrate Customer Success Operations within Thomson Reuters business units that align with the greater business goals.
- Proactively create and implement strategies for Customer Success process improvement and effectiveness that facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
You’re a fit for the role if your background includes:
- 8+ years of experience in a customer success operation in B2B software-as-a-service
- Four-year college degree required. MBA preferred
- Business operations experience, primarily in the area of project management and implementing process improvements.
- Experience with Customer Success technology (Salesforce, Gainsight, etc.)
- Success with creating and executing processes that scale, supported by technology.
- Ability to lead through influence, working cross-functionally.
- Ability to break down complex problems into clear, manageable parts and execute the solution.
- Experience leading change management. Ability to use data to drive action.
- Own key Customer Success process(es) (Renewals management, Auto-renewals, Cancellations, System Enhancements) to drive efficiencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of sales and client management workflow procedures and general business workflows.
- Strong people management, coaching, and development experience.
- Strong thought leadership, influential communication skills, and a capacity to guide and direct field-facing initiatives through the leadership team.
- Strong business acumen and ability to optimize operational sales channel performance.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal, including the ability to synthesize the work of others).
- Ability to develop and demonstrate unique knowledge of the Customer Success teams’ critical needs.
- Proven effective project management capability in a highly matrixed, customer-centric organization.
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Hybrid Work Model: We’ve adopted a flexible hybrid working environment for our office-based roles while delivering a seamless experience that is digitally and physically connected.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more.
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: two company-wide Mental Health Days Off; work from another location for up to a total of 8 weeks in a year, 4 of those weeks can be out of the country and the remaining in the country, Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking.
- Social Impact: Nine employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact.
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.