The Financial Times – Senior Customer Success Manager
The FT has an uncompromising mission: delivering independent, quality information, news, and services to individuals and companies around the globe. It’s the cornerstone of our reputation and the heart of our ambitions for the future. But for our people, the FT offers so much more than what we do. FT people come from all kinds of backgrounds and work across a huge range of disciplines and locations, and find an empowering, warm, and welcoming culture that values curiosity and rewards smart, ambitious thinking. Those who are willing to unite around our mission and live our values will find plenty to challenge, inspire and interest them. Like the audiences we serve, no two FT people are the same; but together we help our audience be better informed and understand the world around them. It’s a job that’s never mattered more and a career that can take you anywhere you want to go.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We’ll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular, barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
An opportunity to join a rapidly growing business in an exciting industry. Based at the Financial Times in London, the role will be responsible for driving engagement of FT digital group subscriptions amongst customers and prospects in the French-speaking regions of CEMEA. You will help customers maximize the value of their FT.com investment and deliver against their business outcomes. This is a senior role within the team responsible for managing high-value accounts, mentoring other Customer Success Managers, and working with the management team to inform the wider global Customer Success strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a number of strategic accounts with high value and/or high growth potential, and likely to require co-ordinating activity across multiple countries and stakeholders
- Create and implement engagement plans for these strategic accounts, liaising with the global Customer Success team to drive wider engagement and adoption
- Develop an in-depth understanding of how the FT is used to achieve business outcomes, backed by a comprehensive knowledge of the FT and its services
- Communicate how Customer Success can advise clients effectively and establish your credibility as a business partner to senior stakeholders in client organizations
- Report on key performance indicators (KPIs) within your accounts and make proactive recommendations on best practices and ways to optimize how we work
- Act as a role model for Customer Success across the business, providing regular updates and insights to managers, and coaching support to other CSMs
- Support future product/service development by identifying and collating customer requirements, then communicating these to relevant product teams
- Drive and lead Customer Success participation in bringing new products to market, implementing cross-business initiatives, and collaborating with other FT teams
- Support the regional managers with feedback and recommendations to inform the strategic planning, account allocation, and business processes for the region
- Some international travel might be required to support clients/colleagues in other markets
Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience
- Extensive experience in Customer Success or equivalent client-facing roles, e.g. account management/sales, and ability to establish credibility with clients
- Proven track record of providing business advice to clients and helping them achieve their outcomes
- Evidence of building strong relationships with senior stakeholders and navigating client organizations effectively
- Sophisticated questioning skills and ability to gain commitment from clients at each stage of the customer engagement process
- Shows the leadership and drive to make things happen, and collaborates effectively with other colleagues
- Analytical mindset and demonstrates the ability to think and act strategically
- Has previously established themself as a center of expertise for a particular topic or aspect of Customer Success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best-in-class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidized gym memberships, and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer that seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion, and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements or have any questions, [email protected] and a member of our team will be happy to help.