Splunk – Head of Customer Success Management
A little about us. Splunk is the key to enterprise resilience for the 11,000+ organizations that use our Unified Security and Observability Platform. We regularly appear on a lot of “Best Places to Work” lists and we think it’s because we encourage our Splunkers to bring their whole, authentic selves. So bring your work experience, problem-solving skills and talent, of course, but also bring your joy, your passion, and all the things that make you, you. Because when you feel free to be you, it makes it a lot easier for us to be us.
The Head of CSM Operational Cadence & Reporting will be accountable for the creation and implementation of our operating cadence within the CSM organization. This senior leadership role will also have the responsibility of defining, building, and delivering the reporting needs for the business. You will work with leaders across our global CSM team and cross-functionally with other Customer Success and Go To Market teams.
- Lead the strategy and execution of how Splunk Customer Success Management drives a standardized and efficient operating cadence across the globe.
- Build vital reports and dashboards to support the operating cadence.
- Define the data points and analytics that track the adoption of identified global best practices.
- Collaborate with the BI Team and Platform teams in the specification of useful metrics, dashboards, and reports that support the understanding of business performance.
- Develop actionable data insights that will improve our business performance
- Be responsible for the targets, tracking, and systems for leading quarterly MBO awards for the CSM team
- Build and maintain systems to track the technical and non-technical skill profiles of the CSM teams, and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Incorporate Adoption and Retention of leading practices and current and future market, product/technology, and customer dynamics into our strategy and priorities. Use external and internal insights and data to inform the strategic roadmap.
- Leverage program management skills to own and drive the priority initiatives forward.
- Support the ‘rhythm of the business’ with the creation of vital collateral for internal business reviews and executive briefings.
- Subject Matter Expertise: from 5+ years operating as a Senior Leader of CSMs or Operating Support function in an Enterprise B2B context.
- Strategic approach and ability to break it down into achievable and measurable roadmaps. You can visualize the desired end result and then work backward to plan, strategize and execute.
- A passion for delighting customers and the ability to use data-driven insights to guide actions and outcomes.
- Interpersonal, networking, and influencing skills: Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external partners and customers at every level. Influence alignment and prioritization of initiatives critical to delivering the strategy.
- You embrace change and have a demonstrable ability to empower and influence across functions. Accurately summarize and present complex principles to an executive audience.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills: interpreting and using data insights to constantly enhance the customer experience. Committed to analyzing and anticipating situations, defining problems and objectives, recognizing alternatives, and formulating solutions in a complex environment.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in a SaaS company in post-sales customer-facing or operations roles.
- Experience with one or more reporting/business intelligence solutions, preferably including Tableau.
- High level of proficiency in manipulating data in Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience implementing commercial analytics and driving operational excellence.
- Deep understanding of SaaS and Enterprise Sales business models with an understanding of customer lifecycle measures and SaaS revenue streams.
- Experience supporting a CSM team and driving productivity.
- A strong passion for delivering value to customers.
- Experience with Salesforce and Renewals Management/Recurring Revenue.
- Experience with Customer Success CRM systems (e.g. Gainsight).
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure that varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills, and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk’s Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and matches, paid time off, an ESPP, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and well-being offering at splunkbenefits.com. here.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $190,400.00 – 261,800.00 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $172,800.00 – 237,600.00 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area, and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $156,800.00 – 215,600.00 per year
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!