In the old days, traveling salespeople hit the road with only a suitcase and a smile. And as times—and technology—have changed, Showpad has emerged as the industry-leading solution for modern selling that improves those classic tools of the trade.
In our case, the suitcase is more than a decade of expertise building the premier revenue enablement platform, one that continues to influence the direction in which the industry is evolving. And the smile? Well, that’s the people oriented culture that surrounds everything we do.
We bring in great individuals, but we always play as a team. We’ll enable you to grow like never before, and we’ll grow with you, too. We are a European-born company with a global impact, but we like to keep things simple.
We are passionate and bold as well as humble and authentic. We empower each team member to be their true selves. We take ownership, and we also take vacations.
And although we value constant improvement and frequent platform updates, we try not to deploy on Fridays.
That’s why Showpad does more than drive impactful buying experiences. We take serious care of our people, but never take ourselves too seriously.
About the position
We are seeking a Principal Customer Success Manager to scale a portfolio of our most important customer accounts.
As a Principal Customer Success Manager, you own the crown jewels of Showpad’s customer base. You will manage day-to-day operational and long term strategic business relationships with Showpad’s strategic customers. You will work with customers to develop a success plan that outlines how Showpad adoption will address their critical needs both immediately and, in the future.
You will have excellent working relationships with other representatives of Showpad who will be active within their account(s). Specifically, a strong collaborative partnership with the Sales, Support, Services and Product teams will be key to this role. You are the voice of the customer within Showpad, ensuring your customers can see value each and every day across the products and services they use.
You will build lasting relationships with our most important clients from successful launches to identification of new use cases, and ongoing strategic support that increases satisfaction, maximizes the Showpad experience and ultimately drives revenue retention and growth. We win when our customers win.
The keys to success in this role are the ability to facilitate work sessions with all levels in a customer organization, troubleshoot to identify gaps between best practice and actual usage of Showpad, and clearly communicate recommendations that enable the customer to fully adopt Showpad in order to grow their Sales Enablement practice.
You will be responsible for identifying Showpad business opportunities, engaging with C-level to build business cases, while strategically managing the account through the usage of best practices sharing, making adoption recommendations, and building all relevant customer relationships. The success of this role means higher customer satisfaction and expansion of Showpad business.
- Own the most important and strategic customers to ensure each customer is achieving business value for every stage of their Sales Enablement lifecycle
- Work with customers to develop a success plan that outlines how Showpad adoption will address their critical needs both immediately and, in the future
- Serve as a key “Voice of the Customer” internally at Showpad
- Owns the adoption of all licensed products and ensures the customers are receiving business value and return on investment
- Recommends and executes joint success plans with their portfolio of customers at the Executive Sponsor level
- Executes strategic business reviews up through senior leadership to share progress, metrics, wins and recommendations for the future (products and services)
- Helps customers plan and execute a world class Sales Enablement practice – this often requires change management guidance and is a key piece of the role!
- Creates playbooks and informs processes for how we can scale our approach towards supporting our largest and most complex customers
- Retain and grow the revenue for existing Showpad customers, owning renewal of customer base and churn target.
- Partner with sales leadership to grow Showpad revenue via upsells while providing an ideal customer experience.
- Proactively identify where and how Showpad capabilities can deliver incremental business value
- Build account expansion and retention plan with Account Executive with clear objectives, requirements and action plan that delineates roles, responsibilities and target timelines with the aim of driving value within their current contract with Showpad.
- Ensure satisfactory resolution of issues, including coordination of cross-departmental Showpad resources (e.g., Support, Professional Services engagements)
Attributes we’re looking for
- 5+ years of Customer Success Management (CSM) experience, handling customers directly with the responsibility of renewing and growing a book of business
- 3+ years of customer-facing experience in a SaaS organization
- Experience managing complex, multi-million dollar accounts
- Experience developing and managing executive-level relationships within a customer portfolio
- Desire and ability to be a hands-on contributor as well as an example to the broader team
- Exceptional communication skills, including ability to problem-solve and solution on your feet
- Strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong drive for success
- Proactive and growth-oriented mindset
- Experience advising customers on change management best practices
- Experience with SaaS vendors such as Salesforce & Gainsight
- German and/or French proficiency
What you can expect from Showpad
We welcome every voice and are committed to building a truly inclusive environment where your differences are not just welcomed, they are celebrated. We’re building a best-in-class experience for our employees and are always identifying opportunities to encourage our team to be their authentic selves. Whether that’s paid parental leave, paid holidays (including Juneteenth and paid time off to vote), paid time off to volunteer at non-profit organizations, personal development opportunities or professional stretch assignments, you can expect Showpad to support you.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other dimensions of identity.