Shiftboard – Customer Success Manager
We are looking for the next member of our outstanding customer success team! Customer Success Managers are responsible for client retention, satisfaction, and interaction with multiple internal functions. You will interact with customers on a regular basis, providing them with support, guidance, and knowledge resources to ensure they maximize value from their Shiftboard workforce scheduling solutions.
Customer Success Managers collaborate with Account Management (part of Sales), Customer Experience (part of Marketing), Product Management, Implementation, Customer Support, and Training services to deliver value-add solutions, tools, and advice to delight users, retain and increase customer adoption, promote brand loyalty, and increase revenues.
Your duties will include proactively checking in with existing clients at scheduled intervals, answering technical and non-technical customer inquiries, providing coaching on user adoption, consulting on best practices, providing advice on corporate change management, providing additional training, communicating system improvements, and managing customer feedback. You will collect and respond to user feedback, and coach Shiftboard advocates at your customers. You will also ensure that all internal stakeholders are up to date on your customers’ key activities and product feature needs. You will contribute to documentation, help expand our social media presence, and may write articles for our blog.
Who we’re looking for
You want to maximize the value of Shiftboard solutions to our customers. You understand that SaaS businesses sell a solution and not just a product – and that the solutions we provide are for the customers that use them. You are passionate about delighting users and are eager to coach and guide them on how they can best leverage our solutions. You look for ways to maximize value and optimize our service offerings throughout the customer lifecycle from sale to post-launch.
You are social and analytical, possess an aptitude for learning and using new software, and can communicate clearly and effectively. You have the ability and interpersonal skills to build relationships and trust with new customers and see yourself as an advocate for customers within Shiftboard. You are ready and willing to navigate the Shiftboard organization on a customer’s behalf to ensure we gather the right requirements, configure appropriate solutions for their needs, deliver the complete solution into users’ hands, and leave them confident and successful in using the software. You know there’s no perfect solution, but you feel pretty good when you’ve come close!
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with Account Managers, Customer Experience, Implementation, Product Management, Customer Support teams, and other colleagues to maximize the value of Shiftboard solutions to our customers, drive user adoption, and address any customer concerns that could impact annual renewal
- Promote the value of the Shiftboard product to your customers and provide quality leads on potential additional revenue opportunities to Account Manager to upsell and cross-sell Shiftboard products and services
- Establish clear retention goals with related process milestones for both you and your customers
- Provide proactive, regularly scheduled outreach at all stages of the customer lifecycle
- Review system usage and alert / activate Shiftboard teams to address concerns that may indicate renewal issues or churn threats
- Promote an energetic fan base for Shiftboard solutions and locate brand ambassadors within customers to share the solution’s benefits and value
- Uncover, analyze, and comprehend a variety of business requirements, including consideration of customer priorities
- Advise customers on solution features, configuration and integration options, and system processes and procedures
- Identify, prioritize, and resolve client issues/concerns; coordinate with appropriate internal departments to provide responses and/or solutions that improve all aspects of the customer experience with Shiftboard
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with colleagues in Sales, Product Management, Customer Success, and Customer Experience
- Provide internal feedback and suggestions to improve customer’s overall product, implementation, and training experience
- Assist at times with creating implementation and training collateral and improving processes
- Assist, if requested, in the sales upsell, cross-sell, and renewal process, providing customer use case and benefits context as well as technical sales support
- Understand and promote the features and benefits of Shiftboard’s solutions
Skills you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or technology with 4+ years of experience in customer service or customer success position that includes promoting solution value through user experience
- Strong ability to communicate and foster positive business relationships, understand customer goals, and explain how software solutions can meet those goals
- Technical skills explaining and fostering the use of software solutions with the ability to troubleshoot as needed
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including experience in user and process documentation
- Must be personable and enjoy working with people in an entirely customer-facing role
- Ability to establish goals, engage and effectively manage cross-functional teams to deliver customer value
- Experienced in analyzing and optimizing customer-facing processes across an organization
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to support many client stakeholders at once
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and structure the unstructured
- Accountability and personal organization and self-driven to meet performance objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-resolution skills and proven ability to engage and interact with internal teams to resolve client issues
- Can work logically to diagnose and resolve basic-to-intermediate issues and recognize circumstances that require escalation
- Experience in the Workforce Management or Human Capital Management domains and/or the Energy and/or Manufacturing industry verticals preferred
- Experience with Salesforce (or other CRM) desired
- Ability to travel (job requires up to 35% travel)
- Comfortable working as needed in a remote environment with video-conferencing tools
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- ESPO (employee stock option program)
- MyFlex Extended Health: Prescription/Para Medical/Dental/Vision – with options to customize coverage
- 3 weeks of vacation and 12 paid holidays per year
- Flexible/hybrid work environment
- $1,200 per year for home office expenses
- $100 monthly commuter subsidy
- Employee wellness program
- Charitable donation match
- Career advancement opportunities
Who we are
Shiftboard is proud to provide workforce scheduling solutions for mission-critical operations that make the world go round. Leading manufacturing, energy, healthcare, and public services companies rely on our award-winning technology to keep their operations running smoothly, business goals on track, and employees happy.
Backed by innovative technology and an award-winning team, Shiftboard has supported over 500 million scheduled shifts for thousands of customers, including Fortune 500 companies, providing the employment pipeline for more than $45 billion in wages earned.
In our constant pursuit to better serve our customers, all team members bring creativity, pragmatism, and intellectual rigor to their responsibilities. We have high expectations of each other and work as a team to continually improve our industry-leading platform. Our growth mindset, coupled with execution, has allowed Shiftboard to create revolutionary workplace solutions.
Shiftboard seeks to make every employee feel appreciated and welcomed. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all employees and to providing a work environment that makes everyone feel an integral part of the team.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer an employee stock option program, an employee perks and wellness program, and an open communication policy. If you appreciate being challenged to do your best work, making a difference every day through innovation and commitment to customers, please take the time to send us your resume.