Optimizely is focused on unlocking digital potential and we are the recognized category leader in Digital Experience Platform (DXP) and created the category for A/B Testing and experimentation software. We have incredible customers – isn’t that one of the most important aspects of looking for your next job? Optimizely has over 9,000 brands from global organizations such as Visa, Sky, Yamaha, Wall Street Journal to tech innovators like Atlassian, DocuSign, FitBit, and Zillow.
Not only are we financially sound and growing but we have unicorn status: Exceeded $300M in revenue in 2020, is profitable already and has all strategic options ahead of itself. Optimizely continues to invest and addresses a market opportunity north of $30 billion, providing significant personal career growth opportunities.
We are an inclusive culture with a global team of 1200+ people across the US, Europe, Australia, and Vietnam. We blend European and American business cultures with an emphasis on teamwork, inclusion, and moving fast. People make a difference!
If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, apply! We’re just getting started…
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is the key partner helping customers achieve their strategic objectives and extract maximum value from their investment in our products. CSMs drive the adoption, retention, and expansion of our products and services by being trusted advisors to our customers. They are experts on our products and technology, digital strategy, and on growing a culture of harmonizing, understanding, and acting on digital data. CSMs accomplish this by being empathetic and seeking to understand our customers’ challenges and needs and responding with a problem-solving mindset. By relying on past experience, business acumen, and technical aptitude, CSMs are the driving force that enables our customers to unlock their digital potential. Additionally, the CSM serves as the liaison between us and the customer – facilitating collaboration with Product, Engineering, Sales, Professional Services, and others to be the voice of the customer within our company.
- In partnership with Account Executives, own the overall relationship with assigned clients in a blended portfolio of 25-40 customers, focusing on growing adoption and ensuring retention, expansion, and satisfaction.
- Work with customers to build and execute on a success plan that establishes critical goals and key performance indicators.
- Ensure customers adopt best practices for both running their digital program and using our platform.
- Aid customer teams in exposing program value to their organization Support the development of the Customer Success Management team by mentoring and inspiring fellow CSMs through example and professional and personal experiences.
- Drive accountability for deliverables internally and among customer and partner teams.
- Assess and provide perspective on customer challenges related to technical implementation, marketing strategy, and building a culture of harmonizing, understanding, and acting on digital data.
- Through regularly conducted touchpoints, establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with assigned customers and drive continued value of our solution and services.
- Coordinate appropriate resources for each meeting to obtain the desired outcome.
- Identify and develop opportunities for new users of our product across organizational functions and business units.
- Educate and advise on potential use cases for new or unused features of our platform.
- Manage account issues and escalations.
- Maintain your own current functional knowledge and technical knowledge of our platform.
- Collaborate with services to produce and implement solutions to customer challenges.
- Collect product feedback and advocate for customer needs within the company.
- Stay on top of industry news, technology products, platforms, and partners to provide and maintain a deep industry and ecosystem expertise.
Knowledge and Experience
- 1+ years of experience in a related function with direct customer contact and engagement experience, in a post-sale or professional services function, preferably at a SaaS-based company.
- Prior experience in a Customer Success Manager Role or equivalent with a history of increasing satisfaction, adoption, and retention.
- Familiarity working with clients of all sizes, especially B2C mid-market and enterprise retail organizations.
- Experience working with web or mobile app product and development teams.
- Experience with customer data platforms (CDP), digital marketing platforms, and e-commerce platforms, and a real passion for new technologies.
- Project and stakeholder management experience & skills.
- Fluent in German is a requirement
Bachelor’s degree and preferably further professional training in direct marketing are a plus
Prioritizing and Organizing Work
Making Convincing Arguments
Optimizely is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.