Why Join Norsat International Inc.?
We have an innovative and outstanding team of industry professionals who drive our ongoing success at Norsat International Inc. We strive to offer a supportive, inclusive and nurturing environment that helps our employees expand their careers and reach their highest potential.
The Customer Success Manager is directly responsible for performing all aspects of customer support for the Satellite Systems business unit, including, but not limited to presales support annual service programs, training, initial services, spares, 24/7 coverage logistics, call center, customer issue logging, and demo resource allocation.
What You’ll Do:
- Understanding all products offered for sales at Norsat. Collate a reference file for each product to support technical inquiries;
- Technical support for all Norsat products to customers and the Sales team;
- Manage the ticketing software for support tracking;
- Initiating and contributing to improvement projects to further the maturity of the Customer Service department;
- Providing training to customers and Sales team (after business hour support expected);
- Providing field support for training and troubleshooting;
- Providing internal training to employees;
- Diagnosing failures and recommending repair/ replace actions;
- Preparing coherent and precise RMA reports for failed units;
- Act as liaison between Engineering, Sales, and the customer to lead troubleshooting actions for various product-related issues;
- Writing and maintaining support documentation such as Field Service Bulletins;
- Providing support to the Quality Team on testing;
- Recommending technical solutions to meet customer needs;
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- B. Eng., B. Sc, B. A. Sc or equivalent
- MSEE or Project management certification is a strong asset
- 5 years in a customer resource management or leadership role
- Knowledge and experience within IT or electrical engineering
- Knowledge of satellite communications
- Network or system administration experience is an asset
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Excellent presentation and customer interaction skills
- Strong team building and management facilitation skills
- Proven customer-oriented skills in Technical Support, hardware/software troubleshooting, or related technical fields.
- Able to analyze and interpret complex information.
- Excellence in communication and customer service, problem-solving abilities, teamwork, time management, and prioritizing skills.
What We Offer:
- Paid vacation days;
- 5 paid sick days;
- 100% paid by employer comprehensive health benefits package including medical, dental, life & more (coverage varies);
- 4% RSSP matching;
- Up to an annual maximum of $2,000 per year professional development fund for designations and accreditations;
- 100% reimbursed for job-related training;
- On-going training available;
- Flexible hours of work based on position;
- Employee Referral Program;
- Employee Award Program;
- Plenty of on-site and street parking & a bus stop right in front of the office (bus 405, 410, 416);
- Leisure areas in the office, employees are encouraged to have some fun! (i.e., ping pong table, foosball, Wii, tabletop games, card games).
- Employee events & initiatives: company BBQs, field trips, annual summer event, free snacks events, lunchroom has free flow of coffees & teas.
Please note that benefits may vary by location and employment status.
Norsat International Inc., founded in 1977, is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio, and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include customizable satellite components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, and network solutions. The company’s products and services are used extensively by telecommunications services providers, emergency services and homeland security agencies, military organizations, health care providers, news organizations, and Fortune 1000 companies.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
The Company values a diverse workplace where equal employment opportunities are available and commits to practicing a fair recruitment and hiring process in which all candidates are considered on the basis of their skills, abilities, and fit with the Company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, and physical or mental disability.
More information about our accessible workplace, including disability accommodations, are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility; thus, all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters please.