Customer Success Manager
We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
“At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds and perspectives of all employees, customers, partners, and communities to foster a higher performing organization.” -George Kurian, CEO
As customers today increasingly engage in more flexible consumption models, Customer Success plays an increasingly critical role in shortening the time to value and, as a result, accelerating growth earlier in the customer lifecycle. The Cloud Consumption Customer Success organization (CCSM) plays a critical role with NetApp’s large, strategic cloud consumers, leading them through the launch and scale phases of their cloud storage and data services adoption journey.
As a Cloud Customer Manager in the CCSM organization, you will define goals and success plans with NetApp cloud storage and data services customers. As the assigned “Technical Lead,” the CCSM will mentor teams deploying large, complex, and strategic projects to derive ongoing and incremental value from NetApp products and solutions.
As a CSM, you will utilize your customer engagement, evangelization, cloud adoption technical expertise, and escalation management skills to provide the highest personalized and proactive enterprise-class customer success experience.
Stakeholders’ engagement and management
• Work closely with the Customer, NetApp, and Hyperscalers Account Team. You will become intimately acquainted with the customer’s business requirements, technical needs, solutions, environment, and service history.
• Work with Customer’s stakeholders to understand and translate customer business requirements into technical solutions and a customer success plan.
• Lead a monthly review, or more frequently as needed, to drive alignment and faster resolution to accelerate customer adoption.
• Providing guidance and best practices to support the development of a cloud adoption success plan.
• Deliver NetApp technical adoption activities.
• Ensures all assigned work tasks are completed effectively and efficiently.
• Monitor usage trends and customer health to proactively identify challenges and/or optimization opportunities.
• Update customer success plans appropriately.
Evangelization & Enablement
• Drive awareness and enablement within the customer organization to ensure a full understanding of NetApp solutions and value.
• Share new features and roadmap and articulate how it can support the customer goals and objectives.
• Identify adoption blockers and position relevant professional services, partners, or NLS offerings.
• Follow appropriate escalation guidelines, as required, during customer engagements to drive timely resolutions and remove critical obstacles.
• Facilitate articulation of necessary feature set development to the product organization to accelerate customer adoption.
• 8 + years of experience is preferred.
• A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field is desired.
• A strong understanding of the storage industry, private and public cloud environments, virtualization, and cloud management stacks (ex: OpenStack, vCloud Director, etc..)
• In-depth knowledge of Public/Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Service Providers (GCP, Azure, AWS)
• General knowledge of data center operations and cloud security best practices
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
• Experience demonstrating a significant level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell NetApp Cloud products and services is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong experience with Cluster Data ONTAP and Cloud Volumes ONTAP (CVO) is required.
• Certifications in AWS, Google Cloud, and/or Microsoft Azure are required.
Did you know…
Statistics show women apply to jobs only when they’re 100% qualified. But no one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to shift the trend and apply anyway! We look forward to hearing from you.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world’s biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
USA Residents Only: The base salary hiring wage range for this position which the Company reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position in the specified geographic areas or locations, is [162,500] – [220,000].. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors relevant to the position and candidate such as geographical location, candidate qualifications, certifications, relevant job-related work experience, education, skillset, and other relevant business and organizational factors, consistent with applicable law. In addition, the position may include some of the following comprehensive benefits such Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Paid Time off (PTO), sick time, leave of absence as per the FMLA and other relevant leave laws, Company bonus/commission, employee stock purchase plan, and/or restricted stocks (RSU’s).