As the Customer Success Account Manager- Manager (CSAM- M), you lead a high-performing team of Customer Success Account Managers (CSAM) that are well versed in cloud adoption, portfolio and program delivery management practices, and technology trends. This is an exciting role that will help fuel customer success through your leadership with business, customer, and team growth!
The CSAM-M is accountable for end-to-end service program delivery within an assigned Practice of customers, representing Customer Success throughout all deal phases while demonstrating a critical partnership with internal and external stakeholders. The CSAM-M serves as the primary leadership point of accountability and/or escalation for their customers. This role has direct people management responsibility for Customer Success Account Managers and oversees the Customer Success and Support deliveries to customers by their team. Through their team of CSAMs, the CSAM-M is responsible for driving customer satisfaction, customer effective use of Microsoft’s cloud platforms, consumption, growth with fulfilling Support contractual obligations, and the governance of delivery for their Customer accounts led by their CSAMs.
Key responsibilities include:
Customer Relationship Management:
- Create and nurture strategic relationships with key customer stakeholders, often as part of a steering committee, to ensure delivery value is on track and major issues are being anticipated, identified, and managed.
- Develop Practice strategy aligned with business and IT objectives, priorities, and strategies of Customers.
- Bring Customer and industry insights to the Account Planning rhythm for strategic Customers
- Support and coach CSAMs to collaborate with Account Teams in developing Customer Account Plans that align the vision for Microsoft’s offerings with Customer objectives and strategies.
- Develop and support CSAMs in portfolio prioritization and planning of Customer engagements to achieve Customer objectives and value.
Opportunity and Pursuit Management:
- Instill a team culture of identifying and sharing Customer insights and opportunities with the broader Account Team.
- Drive partnership with internal Account Teams to identify, create, and support the pursuit of growth opportunities across the Practice.
Consumption and Delivery Execution:
- Oversee CSAMs in effective delivery against their portfolio of prioritized solutions and workloads to drive Customer value realization and Microsoft cloud consumption.
- Anticipate, identify, and mitigate blockers to Customer success goals and partners with internal and external stakeholders to accelerate Customer value realization and Customer satisfaction.
Staffing and Skilling:
- Hire, on-board, develop and manage a diverse and inclusive team of Customer Success Account Managers; lead and motivate this team to high-performance.
- Develop and execute skilling plans for CSAMs and oneself to build technical and professional expertise in alignment with business priorities.
- Demonstrate strength of character and set the tone as a role model; coach, provide feedback and direction to the team; value and care about the people in the team; create an open and trusting environment where people thrive.
- Create clarity and shared understanding; generate positive, motivating, creative energy; deliver success through a “growth mindset”.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To be effective as a CSAM-M, you will be able to influence across organizational boundaries and have leadership experience in building, coaching, developing, and retaining high performing teams to achieve business results, Customer success and value realization.
- 10+ years of experience in technical sales, consultative or program delivery. Demonstrated capability in managing complex projects and support engagements required
- 5+ years of experience in people management required. Previous revenue management and forecasting experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience driving business change management and/ or technical adoption required
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of Customers required
- Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills required
Technical acumen to lead a team with:
- Proven ability to map Customer needs to solutions required
- Understanding of Enterprise cloud workloads required
- Ability to stay up to date on new/ improved cross cloud scenarios and workloads required
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results required
- Demonstrated leadership through prior technical, consultative or program delivery coaching/ leadership roles required
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Business or related field (or equivalent experience) required
- Masters’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field preferred
- PMP or other project management certification preferred
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, Database, Big Data, BI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- Travel required: 0-30%
- French : Fluent
- English : Fluent