London, United Kingdom
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
As a Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM), you are the delivery leader in our account team and a strategic partner to our customers. You are responsible for execution against our Customer Success Contracts and orchestration of cross-functional programs that deliver customer value and enable transformational customer outcomes. This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, leverage your delivery management capabilities and deepen your cloud and industry expertise.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
We are currently looking for Customer Success Account Manager professionals to join our teams across various business groups, for varying customer sizes, in our enterprise, regulated, and partner services organizations. By applying to this role, you will be considered for multiple opportunities within Microsoft across the United States including locations beyond where the role is posted. This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home. Travel percentages will very according to role.
Customer Relationship Management
- Learns customer engagement role and develops foundational relationships with key customer stakeholders (e.g., Information Technology Directors, Chief Technical Office [CTO], Chief Innovation Officer [CIO], Line-of-Business leaders) and technical professionals to enable quality solution delivery and health using partnership with other account team leaders (e.g., Account Executive, Account Technology Strategist) and with guidance from senior colleagues. Expands and ensures customer and partner relationships beyond the current support contract owners with a focus on the leading definition of business outcomes and how to align consumption strategy to customer priorities.
- Gathers information on the business and Information Technology objectives for customer organizations, identifies customer needs, and creates a shared plan to supports outcomes that are specific to the customer and common to the industry using partnerships with other account team leaders. Captures and anticipates new customer needs and outcomes identified during the delivery of support programs, success engagements, and other projects. Ensures the customer is current on technology and ready to move to cloud, enabling cloud adoption and optimizing cloud solutions to manage change and continue to grow in the cloud across all solution areas.
- Drives conversations with customers that present the strategic alignment between the customer objectives and support contract to set a long-term strategy for consumption aligned to those priorities. Develops a program, identifies executive sponsors for a contract, and prioritizes engagements to address strategic outcomes and drive customer success. Challenges the customer, collaboration with other account team leaders, by driving the case for change to drive solution and operational health. Presents the strategic business and technical need for change. Supports account planning and advocates for change internally to help customers transform to modern digital approaches.
- Plans a portfolio of work (e.g., Support programs, implementation projects, success engagements) to drive outcomes aligned with customer’s prioritized solutions and workloads. Creates opportunities for support contract renewals, partners with sellers lead to upsell, and transition to Unified Support by aligning to local growth goals across solution areas. Supports the efficiency targets of their portfolio through the delivery of contracts and customer value, leverages managed intellectual property (MIP), and enhances offerings in alignment with compliance policies.
Opportunity and Pursuit Management
- Captures, communicates, and brings forward recommendations from customer insights to sellers in identifying and producing opportunities (e.g., add-ons, cloud consumption, renewals). Collaborates with internal teams and sellers to help identify growth opportunities through account planning and delivery execution. Proactively seeks opportunities to develop the value of support and expand offerings by communicating the customer value to an internal audience. Directly enables cloud consumption revenue through consumption planning.
Consumption and Delivery Execution
- Takes ownership for team coordination and connects identified opportunities, questions, and/or issues from customer organizations. Leads complex internal Microsoft technical/sales teams or partners to address (e.g., involving large number of teams, multi-technology), using a breadth of technical knowledge to identify a broad set of internal teams and ensure progress across solution areas. Identifies and mitigates blockers to customer success goals.
- Leads and is accountable for the direction of solution deliveries and secures resources to deliver on customer obligations. Accelerates production level consumption through delivery orchestration by driving solution and operational health for prominent, challenging, and/or complex customer organizations (e.g., global, high-revenue generation, complex transformation, strategic accounts) across the solution and support lifecycle. Is accountable for the delivery of support for resolution of critical escalated issues by leveraging Incident Managers and Support teams. Shares updates to the customer and manages their expectations. Analyzes and leverages support-related feedback across a practice area and recommends solutions to drive continuous process improvement.
- Leverages intermediate technical expertise to act as a technology advisor and visionary. Connects business to technology. Speaks to necessary technology, solutions, and services for specific customer scenarios. Contributes to forecasts of resource needs and timing to help removes obstacles. Leverages experience as a practitioner of technology across one cloud area from design through operations and within another cloud workload/area to lead program governance and execution oversight. Leverages experience leading large, multi-stream technology projects from design to production to help anticipate changes that could affect key projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, or related field AND experience in solution delivery, practice management, customer-facing consulting, or portfolio management experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Relevant work experience within customer industry; Professional Services
- Microsoft or competitor equivalent (e.g., AWS) certification in relevant technologies (e.g., Azure, 365).
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification or equivalent service management certification.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent Project Management certification. Prosci or equivalent certification.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.