Budapest (CEE HQ), Budapest, Hungary
With over 17,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will enable customers to achieve their business outcomes, based on their investments in Microsoft technologies. Leveraging your knowledge of the M365 Enterprise services subject matter expertise, you will lead business & technical conversations with customers to identify opportunities and remove critical blockers to the success of their technology projects. This opportunity will allow you to accelerate your career growth, honing your consultative, technical and collaboration skills, and deepening your expertise. This role is flexible in that you can work up to [50% / up to 100% from home / This role is Microsoft onsite only].
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Customer Success Manager (CSM) to drive usage and consumption of customer-owned workloads. This is a customer-facing role; CSMs are expected to own business & technical relationships and customer engagements.
The ideal candidate will have experience working directly with end-customers and in-depth knowledge of productivity/collaboration solutions (Microsoft and/or competitors). Microsoft CSMs work to map business scenarios to technical solutions, understanding and translating customer priorities to desired outcomes, and orchestrating resources to enable the customers’ digital journey.
CSM’s business & technical credibility enables customers to derive value from the solutions they have purchased, driving consumption of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams workloads, with focus on Teams as a Platform, Viva, and Teams Phone.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving Intent for Consumption: Actively engage with business and technical decision makers to drive intent for consumption of customer-owned Modern Work workloads.
- Guiding Customer Success Strategy: Engage and influence customers’ business and technical decision makers by providing feedback and insights to assist customers in realizing their digital and business transformational outcomes. Actively listen and respectfully challenge customers to drive the “best” outcomes.
- Driving Consumption: Develop opportunities to drive Customer Success business results by working with customers to ensure they understand Microsoft’s Employee Experience & Teams Platform, Teams Phone value proposition.
- Customer Trust and Advocacy: Act as the voice of the customer internally, leveraging internal teams to capture feedback, remove blockers, surface insights, and align resources. Provide action based on feedback and advocate on the customer’s behalf to drive resolutions.
- Technical Development: Demonstrate Self-Learner mindset through continuous alignment of individual skilling to team/area demands and Customer Success goals.
- Operations and Execution excellence: Manage operational excellence and customer health by ensuring consumption process compliance and managing pipeline. Provide regular updates to account and regional stakeholders on customers’ transformation initiatives. Meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators and targets set.
Required/Minimum Qualifications :
Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Technology, or related field AND some years related work experience (e.g., consulting, pre-sales/post-sales, business analysis, technical sales, customer change management)
OR Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Technology, or related field AND proven years related work experience (e.g., consulting, pre-sales/post-sales, business analysis, technical sales, customer change management)
OR equivalent experience.
Strong technical understanding (Level 300) of Microsoft Teams as a Platform, including Microsoft Viva.
Complemented with level 200 technical depth across Microsoft 365 services (especially Microsoft Teams, Teams Meetings, Teams Phone, and Security + Identity)
Ability to guide a customer from competitor solutions to Teams solutions.
Ability to map the customer’s business process to product capability within the M365 Platform, and solution and demo proposed solutions to customer.
Fundamental knowledge of Power Platform solutions & Power Platform in Teams.
Ability to build/customize or leverage conceptual pilots for demonstrating Modern Work capabilities including Teams as a Platform, Microsoft Viva, Frontline worker scenarios, Phone, Rooms, and more.
Fluency in Hungarian and English language is a must
Additional or Preferred Qualifications :
Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Technology, or related field AND proven years related work experience (e.g., consulting, pre-sales/post-sales, business analysis, technical sales, Enterprise Architecture, Technology solutions, change management)
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Technology, or related field AND several years related work experience (e.g., consulting, pre-sales/post-sales, business analysis, technical sales, Enterprise Architecture, Technology solutions, change management)
Prior work experience in other cloud companies such as Amazon, Sales Force, Cisco, Zoom, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.