MathWorks is expanding a Customer Success Engineering team dedicated to helping our academic market experience the full value of MATLAB and Simulink. Partner with university customers to understand their technical and business challenges. Use the insights gained to paint a vision of how MathWorks can help them address their challenges in education and research. Conversations will range from computational thinking, and coding to learning, and the use of MathWorks’ products in the industry to the benefits of teaching/learning MATLAB skills. Demonstrate the value of MATLAB and Simulink to grow their adoption in curriculum, research, and commercial projects.
- Planning and Strategy: Perform data-driven account assessments to determine the overall health of an educational institute. Develop Technical Engagement Plans and associated activities to increase the adoption and usage of MathWorks’ products across a set of institutes. Regularly review the key metrics to adapt your plans.
- Execute Technical Engagement Plans: Travel to universities and engage customers to advocate and support deeper adoption and usage of MathWorks’ products across all aspects of an institute including curriculum and coursework, research and commercial projects, and in high-impact student activities (competitions, projects, etc.). Prepare and deliver presentations, demonstrations, and application examples.
- Champion Computational Thinking: Influence academic leaders to incorporate computational literacy in their curriculum. Identify, track, and influence the adoption of MathWorks’ products in relevant Engineering, Science, and Business courses, at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Motivate the value of teaching MATLAB/Simulink skills, supporting problem set development and integration, and supporting the integration of products into key hardware projects and laboratories.
- Create Vision Beyond Curriculum: Identify key research projects and groups that can benefit from the adoption of MathWorks’ products. Engage these groups to understand their goals and challenges. Leverage product knowledge and industry experience to recommend MathWorks’ solutions.
- Cultivate Champions: Establish rapport with leading faculty and researchers to persuade them to advocate MathWorks’ product on campus and in the broader education community. Advocate on behalf of customers to influence the future of MathWorks’ products.
- Be Resourceful: Engage other MathWorks personnel to assist in key activities and specialized product areas to ensure successful adoption and usage across an entire university.
- A bachelor’s degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master’s degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Strong desire to spread the use of MathWorks products in academia
- Experiences in working with programming languages
- Knowledge of control theory is a plus
- Experience with Simulink products is a plus
- Experience as a graduate-level research or teaching assistant is a plus
- Excellent written, and verbal communication, and presentation skills in Japanese
- Business level English
- Demonstrated ability to work in highly collaborative, cross-functional environments
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time