We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
Vice President of Customer Success
SessionM, a Mastercard Company, is a customer engagement platform empowering global brands to forge stronger and more profitable customer relationships. We partner with brands to drive marketing transformation through innovative technology and services.
SessionM is looking for an experienced VP of Customer Success. This is a strategic role for someone who understands the ins and outs of technical data, has great customer relationship-building skills, and excels at matching product capabilities to customers’ business needs.
In this critical role, you will build and shape a customer success organization dedicated to servicing SessionM clients. You will be responsible for the success management strategy and its execution as well as key Customer Success metrics and operational goals. Our ideal candidate has a strong record of success leading Customer Success teams at high-growth B2B SaaS companies and understands the vital role played by Customer Success in driving the engagement, success, retention, and growth of clients. Our SessionM target customers are some of the biggest in the world; you will form strong relationships and think creatively to achieve the complex requirements of these enterprises.
● Lead the North America SessionM customer success team, taking responsibility for the methodology, people management, and overall success of the team
● Build and scale frameworks for customer success and program management across the customer success team, and with enterprise SessionM clients
● Drive customer outcomes and value across all customer segments from the very small through the Enterprise
● Increase renewal rates and reduce churn
● Drive growth and expansion, working closely with the cross-functional teams
● Develop working relationships with executive leaders across our global SessionM clients (will involve global travel when appropriate)
● Evangelize the adoption of SessionM products and achieve a high degree of customer satisfaction
● Assist Customer Success Managers with their key deliverables:
○ Utilize program management skills to drive all aspects of project planning, governance, and onboarding, including detailed deployment timelines, deliverable definitions, status communications, project success criteria, and issue mitigation and resolution
○ Partner with SessionM data analysts, engineering, and product development teams to produce business value and coordinate tasks
○ Deliver projects on time and on budget while communicating and resolving issues in a clear and professional manner, and serving as the primary point of contact to the client during project implementation
○ Communicate project status and issues internally across multiple organizational levels
● Track record of successful leadership in customer success/services/consulting, preferably at a SaaS company dealing with large and/or enterprise customers
● Deep understanding of the marketing technology ecosystem (customer data, CRM, messaging, and loyalty platforms)
● Demonstrated history of successful team management (preferably global team)
● Strong executive presence and ability to present to C-level executives as a vendor representative
● Ability to understand complex technology and explain it simply
● Understand how to manipulate, analyze, and interpret data
● Expert level in Excel/Google Sheets
● Experience or familiarity with project management software
● Ability to multitask, prioritize and handle issues/escalations under pressure
● Cross-functional player with the ability to work well both independently or with teams
● Must be fluent in English
● Tableau (or other BI tool), SQL, and/or data analysis experience – advantage
Note: this position will include global travel
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks come with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or the breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security training in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
NYC Salary Range: $198,000 – $306,000