MAS Medical Staffing – Customer Success Representative
MAS Medical Staffing is currently looking for individuals to join our fast-paced and growing Nurse Success team as a Travel Customer Success Representative. You will be working alongside a team of dedicated and caring individuals whose goal is to match our highly qualified staff to their dream position, while also meeting our clients’ needs.
MAS Medical Staffing is one of the fastest-growing agencies in the nation. We offer our staff a career that promotes personal and professional growth along with great pay and benefits. We are more than just a staffing agency, we are facilitators of careers, support systems for families, and innovators within the health industry.
Perks and Benefits:
Aside from offering excellent care to patients, our Travel Customer Success Representative positions provide several benefits for anyone looking to grow in their career.
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- HMO/POS Health Insurance
- Dental Plans
- Vision Discount Program
- 401(k) with company match after 1 year of employment
- Career Advancements Opportunities
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
As a Travel Customer Success Representative, you will be responsible for reporting to the Vice President of Nurse Success, the Customer Success Representative (CSR) is the primary point of contact for MAS contract caregivers and is responsible for maintaining and growing MAS s pool of active and credentialed caregivers available for placement. The CSR will oversee caregivers on contract, and is responsible for maximizing caregiver retention, utilization, profitability, and the caregiver experience, in a way that demonstrates the values of MAS Medical Staffing. This individual will work with the broader Nurse Success team to create a seamless, optimized experience for our caregivers.
Additionally, the CSR will fill a subject matter expert role in both contract and caregiver management. This individual is responsible for facilitating the opportunity identification process and closing placements quickly and effectively.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Establish and build strong working relationships with all caregivers by maintaining a caregiver-focused, nurse-first approach to build trust with caregivers.
- Manage day-to-day caregiver communication and ongoing relationships to facilitate contract extensions or re-hire contract opportunities; maintain records of communication in ATS
- Proactively engage with caregivers in the constantly evolving market to access new job search opportunities and ensure all viable caregivers are engaged on a regular basis; minimize caregiver attrition.
- Assess caregiver qualifications for potential assignments and prepare submission materials
- Develop a thorough understanding of caregivers’ needs to effectively position them for success, while positively influencing them to accept the right roles
- Partner with Client Success and Account Managers to place caregivers into contracts
- Maintain a required number of monthly billing caregivers
- Solicit and manage personal caregiver referrals
- Maintain values consistent with MAS and meet performance expectations
- Other duties as needed or assigned
- 2-3 years of experience in roles focused on relationship management
- Minimum of 3-5 years of recruiting placement experience, healthcare preferred
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using an applicant tracking system (ATS) and candidate workflow (preferred)
- Ability to analyze contract opportunities relative to the positions and their geographical locations (preferred) for your caregivers