Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, governments, and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication, and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Director of Customer Success will lead a team of Managers supporting Customer Success professionals.
You will be part of the Customer Success organization responsible for protecting, nurturing, and growing customer relationships.
The Main Responsibilities
- Leads and develops teams focused on Customer Success management
- Accountable for customer, product, and revenue retention, product adoption, and revenue expansion.
- Leverage data to help the team understand customer health, risks, and opportunities
- Partner closely with the Sales Acquisition team on the strategic account and acquisition initiatives.
- Integrates innovation into the organizational strategy.
- Implement best practices and solutions to the channel’s business and customer needs by providing a common vision and focus for meeting and anticipating customer needs.
- Develop and drive consistency throughout day-to-day tactical operations: standards, tools, best practices, process knowledge and communication.
- Accountable for business performance by monitoring and achieving KPIs.
- Develop and build strategic internal and external relationships to facilitate customer growth.
- Manage organization of dedicated field Customer Success professionals and support for our US customers responsible for managing customer success activities such as:
- Creating customer success plans
- Customer Advocacy
- Ensuring product adoption and value realization
- Identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities to partner with sales for revenue
- Resolve customer dissatisfaction
- Revenue management activities e.g. churn, credits, rebates, payment terms
- Ensure a positive onboarding experience for new hires (tools, training, resources, etc) and drive optimal ramp time to full productivity.
- A change agent leader who will build a strong customer success team to drive a compelling focus on net revenue growth.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop a customer success team
- A customer-first leader with the ability to drive our company culture and values and with a passion to help our customers be successful and drive positive employee engagement enhancing the overall employee experience.
- Clearly articulate the CS vision and strategy across your team and the sales ecosystem.
- Gathers information to uncover the needs, perspectives, and talents of employees with diverse backgrounds.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 8+ years of related customer-facing client services experience.
- Experience in a telecommunications customer-facing environment supporting telecommunication customers.
- Ability to manage programs and people across multiple channels and sales teams.
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building with senior-level leaders and with customers
- Knowledge of best practices in customer service and retention.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to identify common needs and issues across the organization, and drive solutions focused on improving the customer experience and driving profitable revenue growth.
- 2+ years of management experience leading sales and/or customer retention teams.
- More than 9+ years of applicable experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
Requisition #: 326148
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what’s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our FAQ page. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience, and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for the long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We’re able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle, and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional, and financial well-being. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.