The Customer Success Manager is the Lex Machina product expert and relationship builder that helps our customers get the most value out of our offerings. They partner with our customers as a trusted advisor to make sure they successfully onboard, adopt Lex Machina, and then renew their subscription. This role will manage a high volume of customer accounts.
Compensation is competitive and full benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with matching-, short- and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and more
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Proactively managing, protecting, and growing revenue of Lex Machina from existing customers within an assigned territory/set of accounts.
- Developing and executing a defined account management strategy that drives retention, renewal, adoption, and growth.
- Successful implementation of customer and trial onboarding (including product set-up, id troubleshooting, training, etc.), enhanced support, on-going maintenance and training, usage analysis, and usage-driving activities of assigned Lex Machina customer accounts.
- Deliver a superior customer experience for Lex Machina and thereby support the businesses’ NPS and renewal goals.
- Create programs that are designed to help Lex Machina users get the most value from Legal Analytics by identifying opportunities and strategies to improve their business, drive action, and achieve results by using Lex Machina’s data-driven insights
- Understand user’s business needs/expectations and goals so deeply that everything the CSM does is about helping them achieve/exceed those goals
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales and retention goals through targeted revenue/growth opportunities within an assigned territory/set of accounts.
- Develops and implement a detailed strategic account management plan to demonstrate how to maximize those revenue opportunities.
- Optimize the Customer Lifecycle Plan to maximize revenue growth and retention by developing tactics/approaches that will drive the model.
- Manage existing customer relationships and implement programs and tools to drive retention, revenue growth, and upsell opportunities.
- Identifies key contacts and decision-makers within a customer organization and develops strong relationships with those contacts.
- Owns the relationship with the customer and is responsible for the overall health/status of the relationship.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education from an accredited institution.
- 5 years of successful account management, sales, customer training, or equivalent experience, working with complex legal solutions.
- Experience with driving technology adoption, usage, and engagement.
- Experience with renewing, negotiating contracts, and closing business.
- In-depth understanding of law firms and in-house operations and trends affecting the legal marketplace.
- Ability to prioritize time and resources to get the most out of limited interactions with accounts in a large territory.
- Ability to create presentations and present materials to an executive-level audience using both written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Strong business acumen to understand the impact of decisions on the customer base as measured by the Net Promoter Score performance.
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving.
- May require local or overnight business travel up to 20%.
- Domain expertise in legal processes is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve service-related issues.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team and across the organization matrix to achieve group and organizational goals.
Compensation is competitive and full benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with matching-, short- and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and more.