This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) holds a key role in the customers’ digital transformation journey. Partners with the HPE account team’s strategic customers to understand their business objectives, project priorities, and consumption outcomes, orchestrating their adoption journey to optimize their experiences with HPE’s portfolio.
The CSM is on a mission to proactively guide customers in amplifying the consumption of HPE solutions, achieving increased metering outcomes, and ensuring realizing the maximum value from their investment. The CSM is responsible for delivering enjoyable experiences for the customers throughout their journey with HPE: from onboarding to activation, to the adoption of HPE’s offerings, as well as advocacy resulting in increased workload-led consumption, higher revenue outcomes, overall account growth, and customer loyalty.
Maximizes the value of as-a-service offerings within the HPE portfolio and guides customers to succeed in achieving their business objectives and outcomes.
Engages and manages the post-sales relationship with the customers, by identifying and helping close opportunities that expand HPE’s portfolio reach within each customer while delivering incremental business value and an outstanding experience.
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization’s long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower-level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
How you will make your mark:
- Serve as a trusted advisor for the customer on HPE’s aaS offerings and being hyper-focused on driving consumed cloud revenue for the company
- Successfully onboard and help customers define and achieve their adoption success criteria by providing proactive recommendations and advice
- Engage with a business-led outcome-focused mindset in amplifying value of our offerings
- Be hyper focus on driving aaS workload acceleration from pilots/MVP to production
- Partner with Advisory and Professional services to accelerate adoption and consumption outcomes
- Apply deep technical expertise towards delivery/acceleration of MVP into production for customers leveraging Partners (GSIs/SIs/CSPs) as applicable
- Collaborate and interlock with customers to accelerate/unblock projects, Identify/Integrate partners in MVP delivery and production workloads
- Advocate for innovation and early adoption of cloud technologies
- Capture the capabilities of HPE’s offerings and identify gaps as related to customer use cases through a closed-loop process for each step of the engagement life cycle
- Build C-level relationships with customers that result in deeper loyalty and frictionless adoption experience
- Help customers unlock the full potential of their aaS solutions by collaborating with internal teams within HPE
- Partner with HPE’s product management & engineering to develop solutions based on customer insights, as well as personal experience that guide aaS adoption & overall edge to close strategy
- Identify expansion opportunities for Sales to drive account growth Contribute internally within HPE, share knowledge and best practices with team members, contribute to internal projects and initiatives, and serve as a subject matter expert and mentor for specific technical or process areas
- Ensure customers are receiving consistent experience throughout the lifecycle of doing business with HPE
- 5+ years of minimum experience in customer success, technical account management, professional services, and/or presales technical consultant preferably within an enterprise cloud environment (Cloud Hybrid Datacenters, Azure, AWS, or GCP highly preferred)
- Technical ability to drive workload-led conversations in accelerating adoption/consumption outcomes with customers is highly desirable – for example: SAP HANA, VM/Containers, Machine Learning, Big Data, Backup & Protection, High-Performance Computing, and VDI
- Ability to partner with customers to develop aaS adoption plan in accelerating projects from PoC/MVP to production
- Ability to assess architecture design and resiliency assessment for production workloads
- Experience with enterprise implementations, DevOps environments, workload-led migrations and/or Cloud environments highly preferred
- Ability to develop and execute a success plan jointly with customers to deliver faster time to adoption and value of the offerings
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Competent comprehension of enterprise architecture and strategic business drivers
- Direct experience with a variety of independent software vendors
- Ability to engage and communicate at all levels within the customer account (C-level, VP, Directors, CTOs, developers, IT admins et all)
- Proven ability to present complex ideas in an accessible and engaging way that turns into actionable, measurable plans or initiatives
- Ability to work in a team and demonstrate “we” instead of “me”, with a strong passion for exceeding customer expectations
- Able to demonstrate strong business acumen and technical aptitude, and the ability to diagnose business challenges into actionable, measurable plans or initiatives
- Demonstrated success managing large, complex projects as well as matrix organizations, including critical customer support escalations
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technology-related discipline; computer science or engineering is a plus
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one globally diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to employer use of arrest and conviction records, including laws requiring employers to consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.