Heap offers a smarter way to build digital products. With comprehensive data collection and structured processes, Heap helps Product Managers understand their users, make data-driven decisions, and craft delightful digital experiences. We enable customers like Twilio, Casper, and WeWork to understand their millionth customer as well as they understood their first. Check out how we help our customers win!
About Our Customer Success Team
You will build lasting relationships with our most important clients from successful launches to identification of new use cases, and ongoing strategic support that increases satisfaction, maximizes the Heap experience and ultimately drives revenue retention and growth. We win when our customers win!
As a Heap Strategic Customer Success Manager, you will manage day-to-day operational and long term strategic business relationships with Heap’s strategic customers. The SCSM promotes adoption of Heap’s products and services and positions Heap to meet the current and future business requirements of our customers. The SCSM will also play a critical role in managing customer escalations and proactively communicating upcoming product changes and enhancements. Cultivating key customers as Heap advocates in the Heap and product analytics community is a requirement for this role.
The person in this role will have excellent working relationships with other teams at Heap who will be active within their accounts. Specifically, a strong collaborative partnership with the Sales, Solutions, Customer Education, Professional Services, Marketing, Partnerships, and Product teams will be key. The SCSM is a positive advocate for the customer within Heap and will be a professional representative at all times in this post-sale role.
The keys to success in this role are the ability to facilitate meetings with all levels in a customer organization, troubleshoot to identify gaps between best practice and actual usage of Heap, and clearly communicate recommendations that enable the customer to fully adopt Heap in order to grow their business by leveraging product analytics insights. Join us to help our customers win!
- Own leading and lagging indicators of success.
- Retain and grow the revenue for existing Heap customers, owning the net retention rate of your customer base.
- Own product adoption metrics, value plan, and relationship plan for your customers.
- Maintain high NPS scores for both implementation and account satisfaction.
- Achieve operational excellence.
- Ensure all communication and activities with assigned customers are documented in CRM (Salesforce) and/or CS platform (Catalyst).
- Use Heap effectively to measure customer product KPIs and run adoption analyses for customers.
- Continuously measure and communicate key metrics to peers and leadership.
- Own the entire customer journey.
- Support customers coming out of implementation and launch validation, and assist with accelerating breadth of adoption and positive business outcomes for the customer and Heap.
- Standardize CSM customer engagement and measure its impact at each stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews to document success to date, review adoption and usage metrics, align on executive priorities, provide adoption and usage recommendations & review Heap product roadmap.
- Enroll customers in new beta programs and ensure customer feedback informs our product roadmap.
- Ensure satisfactory resolution of Heap related technical issues, including coordination of cross-departmental Heap resources (e.g. Support, Professional Services engagements).
- Help orchestrate renewal processes with customers and engage AEs for expansion opportunities.
- Deliver business value.
- Work with customers to develop a value and success plan that outlines how Heap adoption will address their required capabilities needed to achieve positive business outcomes both immediately and in the future.
- Drive adoption through innovation, product demonstration and customer alignment.
- Recommend solutions to changing client requirements and emergent problems by carefully identifying and assessing all risks and benefits of possible approaches.
- Measure, communicate and demonstrate ROI to your customers in check-ins and customer quarterly business reviews.
- Become knowledgeable about product analytics.
- Have complete context on our product and become an expert in the larger analytics space.
- Educate our customers on the value and associated positive business outcomes of product analytics.
- Communicate technical concepts clearly. Convey sound data principles to a wide variety of audiences: product managers, marketers, customer success managers, data scientists, engineers, and C-level executives.
- Form close relationships with our customers.
- Serve as the trusted advisor for key customer champions and executives including C-levels.
- Cultivate relationships with key customer roles from functional owners to senior management.
- Support Heap customer community events to promote community relationships.
- Advocate for the best customer experience.
- Serve as the customer’s advocate to other Heap resources in Product, Support, Professional Services, Marketing, & Partnerships.
- Serve as the voice of the customer internally at Heap by providing customer feedback to product, creating customer case studies with Marketing, facilitating referrals for technical or services partnerships, or coordinating customer referrals for sales.
- Ensure executive sponsors are coordinated with key account activities to drive key adoption and retention metrics.
- Expand existing customers.
- Partner with Account Executives to grow Heap revenue via upsells while providing an ideal customer experience.
- Proactively identify where and how Heap capabilities can deliver incremental business value.
- Partner on the account plan and whitespace expansion opportunities with Account Executive with clear objectives, requirements, and action plan, that delineates roles, responsibilities, and target timelines with the aim of driving value with their current contract with Heap.
- Constantly iterate on our process.
- Be part of a growing team at Heap and help inform our approach to our customer lifecycle processes.
- Work cross functionally and manage special projects internally to help Heap scale as fast as possible.
- Contribute to our team growth by creating new content, playbooks, and processes for peers to use as winning strategies.
30-60-90 Day Plan:
Within 30 days, you will:
- Be familiar with Heap solutions, positioning, competition, and product suite.
- Internalize Heap success stories, our systems, and our processes.
- Shadow sales and customer success meetings with existing clients.
- Learn how to answer most common customer business questions in Heap’s UI.
- Get certified on Heap’s product and key customer journey milestones.
Within 60 days, you will:
- Begin to take on your own portfolio of accounts and lead onboarding processes for new customers.
- Become fluent in customers’ histories, goals with Heap, and define account plans to make these accounts successful.
- Articulate customer stories and measure wins in terms of business ROI.
Within 90 days, you will:
- Be fully ramped and executing with your portfolio of customers.
- Have ownership over the engagement, retention, and growth of these accounts.
Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in a consultative customer facing role (management consulting, account management, customer success management, etc.) with an enterprise software or SaaS organization.
- Proven track record of leading customer engagements with B2B or B2C enterprise customers resulting in increased adoption, customer satisfaction, and contract value growth on both upsells and renewals.
- Knowledge of the analytics market and data infrastructure, or experience within the SaaS/digital space.
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical, process-oriented mindset and a data-based approach to decision making and assessment.
- Strong ability to align technical concepts & features to required capabilities.
- Proven ability to present technical concepts effectively to diverse stakeholder groups and to engage effectively with senior executives of large enterprises on both technical and business topics.
- Resourceful and creative problem solving skills in order to provide optimal business or technical solutions.
- Passion for customer success and service mentality.
- Knowledge of Force Management’s Command of the Message Framework, MEDDIC, and other common go-to-market frameworks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with an ability to work cross-functionally with a broad range of internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at facilitating business reviews as well as excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding presentation development and delivery skills, with the ability to speak to end users and C-Level executives.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $205M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We’d love to hear from you!