The global pace of change is accelerating, and utilities need to rebuild for a more sustainable future. Gentrack provides utilities across the world with market-leading products and services to drive their transformation. Working with some of the world’s biggest energy and water companies, as well as innovative challenger brands, we’re helping companies reshape what it means to be a utility business. We are driven by our passion to create a positive impact. That is why utilities rely on us to manage complexity, deliver exceptional customer experiences, and secure profits. Together, we are renewing utilities.
Our Values and Culture
Colleagues at Gentrack are one close team of passionate people who want to drive change through technology and believe in making a difference. Our values drive decisions and how we interact and communicate with customers, partners, and each other. Our core values are:
- Respect for the planet
- Respect for our customers
- Respect for each other
Gentrackers are a group of smart thinkers and dedicated doers, outside of work we are musicians, travel fanatics, artists, sailors, family folk, environmentalists, and sport lovers. We are a diverse team who loves our work and the people we work with and who collaborate and inspire each other to deliver creative solutions that make our customers successful.
This is a truly exciting time to join Gentrack with a clear growth strategy and a world-class leadership team working to fulfill Gentrack’s global aspirations by having the most talented people, an inspiring culture, and a people-centric business.
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager to join our company and our mission. We have great customers that depend on us to provide essential services. You will be working as part of our Customer Success team ensuring that our customers are getting value from their Gentrack solutions.
As a B2B software and service provider bringing complex, mission-critical systems to a few large-scale clients in New Zealand and across the globe, we will only fulfill our global aspirations if we have the most talented leadership working with these clients to secure their business through the delivery and support of great technology. You will be providing excellent customer service as you engage both with our customers in the utility industries and with Gentrack’s internal engineering teams.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is the trusted face of Gentrack to our customers, and the voice of our customers within our business ensuring that our customers are getting value from their Gentrack solution(s) now, while also understanding each customer’s strategic roadmap.
As a CSM you will build strong partnerships with our customers bringing commercial and strategic thinking to engagements at various levels within a customer’s business, finding successful outcomes for both the customer and Gentrack.
The CSM will also
- Focus on monitoring and managing customer health.
- Work closely with customers to understand industry trends and to inform product development.
- Ensure Product delivery and Customer Delivery are delivering continuous value to our customers.
- Assist with the management of customer expectations to ensure a successful outcome is reached.
- Manage existing agreements and ensure renewals are effectively managed, and up-sell opportunities are identified.
- Monitor & manage profitability/revenue targets that are met for each of the clients.
- Support the Sales team with pre-sales activities where required.
- Lead with recruitment and orientation of new staff within the team.
- Design, plan and lead customer workshops, documenting customer configuration and bespoke requirements.
- Lead customer process review workshops, document and present outcomes enabling our customers to maximize value from our systems.
- Guide customers and fellow CSMs through new feature familiarisation with the overall goal of increasing Customer Satisfaction and reducing the possibility of churn.
What you’ll have
- Broad knowledge and experience of the utility markets with expertise in at least one of the following Enrolment, Billing, Dataflows, Direct Debit, Customer Service, Pricing, and Settlement.
- 5+ years within the utility industry, either in a senior role within a project using Agile methodologies or customer-facing experience in a Managed Services environment.
- Understanding of software development life cycle models including Agile.
- Consultancy experience with a system integrator or product vendor OR Experience as a customer success manager for a product vendor.
What we offer in return
- Career development opportunities from conferences to self-guided learning, we’ll support your special interests and professional growth
- A talented team to work in
- Medical, Life and Income Protection
- An awesome office building complete with a pool table, table tennis table, basketball/football/tennis court, PlayStation, and more
- Regular social events/food trucks and fun office well-being events
This will be a role offering constant learning, and working as part of a vibrant team. We are extremely passionate about what we do and, therefore, the successful candidate will be focused and capable of delivering in a fast-paced and time-constrained environment. Our reward package is competitive and global career prospects are good for the right person.
Want to know more about your next employer? – visit www.gentrack.com
We want to work with the best people, no matter their backgrounds. So, if you are passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you will fit right in.
Also, qualifications are not that important to us. If you have a great experience, talent, and passion then we’d like to hear from you.
Due to COVID-19 and current border restrictions, to apply for this vacancy you MUST either currently reside in New Zealand (and hold the right to work in NZ), or if currently off-shore, be an NZ citizen with valid travel conditions.