Customer Success Engineer
Customer Success | Remote – US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Customer Success Engineer (CSE) is the primary technical contact for accounts that have Enterprise Premier Support and are entitled to a designated support engineer. The CSE acts as a trusted advisor, partnering with DocuSign’s most strategic customers to achieve their technical outcomes by supporting technical issues, providing technical guidance, working to improve uptime, and grow customer consumption through technical enablement.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Customer Success Engineer Manager, and is designated Flex.
- Manage and cultivate the technical relationship and communication with an assigned stack of Enterprise Premier accounts
- Drive resolution of complex technical issues including issue troubleshooting, escalation, regression testing, and performance monitoring
- Develop and maintain an exceptionally high level of product knowledge in order to provide best in class technical support and guidance
- Deliver a portfolio of proactive technical services to our customers, including guidance on existing and upcoming Agreement Cloud services, technical health assessments, integration optimization consulting, and a regular cadence of communication on technical milestones
- Interface with internal and external groups for problem resolution and issue escalation including C-level positions
- Act as the “voice of the customer” inside DocuSign cross-functionally
- Ensure consistent delivery of all Enterprise Premier Support program components
- Participate in special projects, as required, under general supervision that enhances the quality or efficiency of the CSE Team and support services
- Be flexible for “off hours” work, including but not limited to customer Go-Live support, rotational on-call shifts, and all-hands initiatives
- Work with sales partners to identify upsell and growth opportunities within assigned accounts
- Advocate and evangelize the Enterprise Premier Support program
- Travel as necessary (10-20%)
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience as a Lead, Senior or SME position
- Extensive Enterprise Account Management experience
- Advanced knowledge of DocuSign Integrations (Sharepoint, DocuSign for Salesforce, eOriginal)
- Advanced knowledge of DocuSign products (Connect, API, PowerForms, SSO, etc.)
- Advanced use of diagnostic and/or trace tools with multiple DocuSign products
- Advanced knowledge of XML/JSON, REST and SOAP APIs, and common web programming languages (e.g. HTML, CSS, REACT, Node.js)
- Thorough understanding of Enterprise technical infrastructure (networking, access management, server and web technologies, security and industry compliance)
- Proven track record of effective problem resolution and troubleshooting highly diverse technical issues
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and/or projects concurrently
- Proven ability to independently learn new technologies and become productive within a short time
- Extensive experience showing ability to support technical decisions and trade-offs based on business needs
- Effective track record mentoring or training colleagues
- 2+ years of experience in a SaaS related field
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and welcoming to challenge
- Ability to lead others
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $93,700 – $128,875 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits at https://www.docusign.com/company/benefits
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature, the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and more than a billion users in over 180 countries use the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It’s important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at [email protected].