Job Title Customer Success Engineer (Kubernetes/OpenShift)
Corporate Assistant Vice President
The Application Platforms mission is to build the commercial, technical, architectural, and operational frameworks that will allow Deutsche Bank to operate successfully and securely. Fabric, based on Red Hat’s OpenShift, is the strategic application hosting platform of the bank and hosts more than 50% of bank’s workloads. We are responsible for the delivery of our on-premises and public cloud-based Platform as a Service using third party vendor solutions that leverage Docker and Kubernetes. Fabric provides on-demand access to technology services needed to build, host, and manage bank applications using a variety of infrastructure solutions. Strong knowledge of Linux, Containers, and Kubernetes (preferably OpenShift) technologies are required to fill this role.
You will provide enterprise-level technical support to our customers via phone, email, chat, and other support channels as required. Customer Success Engineers deliver effective solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while also supporting a wide range of technologies and cloud deployments.
What we’ll offer you
A healthy, engaged, and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and well-being at its center.
We understand that employee expectations and preferences are changing. We have implemented a Hybrid Working Model that enables employees to reach a working pattern that works for them. Eligible employees have the opportunity to work from the office and remotely from home (subject to the role’s eligibility).
You can expect:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme, and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR program + 2 days’ volunteering leave per year
Your key responsibilities
- Contribute to the effective and efficient handling of all levels of technical support requests from basic user questions to issues requiring more in-depth technical and problem-solving skills
- Provide advice and information to customers and partners regarding general cloud infrastructure as service offerings and best practices
- Exercise excellent judgment, at a faster-than-average pace, while paying extremely close attention to detail and courtesy
- Interact with various internal teams on critical escalations, including engineering and operations, and facilitate communication between customers and those teams
- Produce written designs and documentation regarding proposed or actual cloud deployments to promote best practices
- Automating repetitive tasks using continuous build technologies
Your skills and experience
- Strong OpenShift / Kubernetes experience – especially in the deployment of workloads onto Kubernetes-based platforms
- Strong Java knowledge and development experience building modern Java applications
- Awareness of automation, micro-services architecture, and managing apps on clouds
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with application deployment in Unix / Linux environments
- Use of Jenkins, TeamCity, or similar technologies for continuous integration and automation to accomplish repetitive tasks
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you to balance your personal priorities
- A culture of continuous learning to aid the progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer, we make reasonable adjustments for those with a disability such as the provision of assistive equipment if required (e.g., screen readers, assistive hearing devices, adapted keyboards
About us and our teams
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive, and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights, and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.