The Denodo Customer Success Manager (CSM) will act as the main interface point with customers and partners to ensure customers’ success using data virtualization in an enterprise environment.
Responsible for supervising a group of customers from the business and technical side. This involves maintaining and developing customer relationships; managing customer success; discussing and advising about technical solutions involving Denodo products and services; delivering contract commitments within cost targets, and helping to identify potential additional business opportunities within accounts.
In this role, you will require a combination of data management technical expertise plus customer and partner relationship management skills to conduct on-site and off-site engagements. In this position, you will work directly with engineers, managers, and business users in order to understand business and technical needs and provide guidance towards solutions.
About the Position
Your mission is to help our clients, partners, and prospects to realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Denodo’s Data Virtualization (DV) capability. DV is used in many solutions for integrating data in a virtual manner for operational and/or informational purposes such as:
- integration of multiple data sources for a Customer Service Multichannel IT Infrastructure
- implementation of Logical Data Warehouses and Virtual Datamarts to enable modern Business Intelligence solutions
- integration layers for Hadoop-based Data Lakes
- support for Agile Operational Reporting on a diverse Big Data infrastructure
You will oversee the successful delivery of all services under your management from kickoff to closeout, including determining agenda details and monitoring the progress to ensure it conforms to customer expectations and contractual agreements.
You will need to maintain strong relationships with architects, technical teams, and leadership (both business and IT) across customers’ and partners’ organizations.
- Pre-sales – help educate Customers on how to be successful on the long-term DV Journey; the Services we provide and the organization’s evolution over time.
- Develop relationships with key business and technical stakeholders and act as a trusted advisor to major Denodo customers to educate and drive adoption.
- Create Customer Success Plans – Identify and document initial Technical and Business Use Cases and Business outcomes to be achieved upon acquisition of the Denodo Platform
- Define the Milestones and Tasks to deliver the use cases
- Provide recommendations for Consulting Services where identified as necessary for the successful attainment of project goals and timelines
- Identify organizational roles and training required for customer staff and delivery partners
- Oversee Denodo deliverables in conjunction with customer project plans
- Build a final Use Case at Customer Success Plan completion that documents the Solution Architecture deployed and benefits achieved
- Provide feedback to Support and Product Engineering based upon customer requests for enhancements
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners and colleagues.
- Present software solutions to customers, from IT managers and technicians to C-level executives.
- Prepare technical proposals and manage the delivery of technical orders
- Being available for participating in escalations.
Product and technical knowledge:
- Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a technical pitch, including an overview of our key and advanced features and benefits, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning
- Understand the revenue drivers.
- Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of modern technologies.
- Provide timely, prioritized, and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support, and/or Development regarding client’s business cases, requirements, and issues.
- Know when and where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, and make effective use of those resources.
- Manage consultants and engineers, support in escalation situations, performance, and general team coordination within your region.
- Coordinate team members and partners to ensure the right resources are working on the right tasks at the right time, with clear expectations of milestones and goals.
- Promote knowledge and best practices while managing deliverables and client expectations.
- Build interpersonal relationships with other Denodo teams.
- Contribute to hiring, on-board, training, and developing new team members.
- Verify all billing data to ensure the existence, completeness, and accuracy of revenues.
- Ensure the existence of supporting documents such as contracts, purchase orders, work orders, sign-offs, etc. for billing/revenue recognition.
- A strong foundation for establishing the technical and non-technical enablement needs for customer and partner teams and driving them to success.
- 8 to 15 years of experience in the IT sector, with at least 4-6 years in customer-facing positions.
- The candidate has to be willing to work from the Denodo Regional office where required.
Required skills :
- Appropriate Technical background in data management, integration and data consumption
- Experience in data landscape (relational databases, big data, no-sql…).
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, or equivalent technical training or experience within a technical consulting practice.
- 4-6+ years of experience in similar customer-facing positions.
- Direct, hands-on experience in people management through managing a team, including a successful track record in talent development within the team.
- Excellent cross-functional communication and people management skills.
- Proven ability to understand the technical impact of services from supportability, scalability, and repeatability aspects, as well as the business impact to both Denodo and customers in delivering those services.
- Willingness to travel once or twice a month.
Denodo is an equal-opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Denodo will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.