Demandbase – Customer Success Manager
Introduction to Demandbase:
Demandbase is the Smarter GTM™ company for B2B brands. We help B2B companies hit their revenue goals using fewer resources. How? By aligning their sales and marketing teams around a combination of their data, our data, and artificial intelligence — what we call Account Intelligence — so they can identify, engage, and focus their time and money on the accounts most likely to buy.
As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, and India, as well as a team in the UK, and allow employees to work remotely. We have also been continuously recognized as one of the best places to work in the San Francisco Bay Area including, “Best Workplaces for Millennials” and “Best Workplaces for Parents”!
We’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining, and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission to transform how B2B goes to market. We encourage people from historically underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
The Demandbase Mid-Market Customer Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for growing, supporting, and renewing customer adoption of Demandbase solutions. This is accomplished by partnering with the client to achieve their objectives, driving customer adoption, accelerating time to live, time to value, and providing B2B digital business expertise. The CSM must be comfortable selling, consulting, and negotiating with Director, C, and VP-level executives and possess a solid foundation and understanding of their business objectives. The CSM will articulate value and demonstrate how Demandbase solutions will enable our customers to achieve these objectives. The CSM will inspire and guide customers toward the adoption of the Demandbase platform.
Critical to success is a passion for urgency and the prompt resolution of customer issues, ensuring customers quickly realize maximum value from Demandbase solutions. The CSM must build strong relationships with clients and become a trusted advisor. The CSM must possess a strong understanding of digital/online marketing and associated technologies including Marketing Automation, Content Management Systems, Analytics, and CRM as well as strong account management and renewal ownership expertise.
The base compensation range for this role is: $85,000 – $132,000 which does not include bonus/variable pay. This is a fully remote position on our EST/CST team, and, for this opening, we will be prioritizing candidates who live in t
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as the primary point of contact throughout the customer lifecycle for Mid-Market accounts
- Drive adoption of the Demandbase Platform, measured through platform usage
- Onboard new customers
- Achieve customer goals by providing proactive ABM best practices, strategies and use cases
- Propose creative solutions to client’s executive sponsors such that critical success issues are proactively addressed
- Identify growth opportunities within the client base and work with new business teammates to achieve growth goals
- Command credibility with senior marketing executives
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of Demandbase products and services
- Possess strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Build and maintain strong relationships with multiple contacts within the assigned customer base
- Project manage client initiatives – both internally and externally
- Resolve customer issues
- Advocate for customers internally at Demandbase
- Maintain expertise on industry trends/practices and competitive landscape
- Develop customer stories, case studies, and client references
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS degree required
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a strategic account management position
- Proven sales success in upsell and cross-sell environments
- Ability to build and coordinate internal teams and resources
- Deep Marketing Automation and/or CRM and/or Content Management Systems/ Analytics experience
- Web 2.0 savvy
- Proven experience in managing technical, and intangible project implementations
- Experience helping customers identify gaps in business processes and workflow
- Proven success aligning successful solutions, as well as gathering and demonstrating ROI data
Our benefits include options for up to 100% paid Medical and Vision premiums for employees, flexible PTO policy, no internal meeting Fridays, Modern Health mental wellness platform, and 11 paid holidays and 2 additional weeks where all Demandbase employees take off (the week of July 4th and the week of Thanksgiving). Plus 401(k), short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, and all those good things.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Demandbase
At Demandbase, we believe in creating a workplace culture that values and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We recognize that everyone brings unique experiences, perspectives, and identities to the table, and we are committed to building a community where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. Discrimination of any kind is not tolerated, and we strive to ensure that every individual has an equal opportunity to succeed and grow, regardless of their gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, background, marital status, genetic information, education level, veteran status, national origin, or any other protected status. We do not automatically disqualify applicants with criminal records and will consider each applicant on a case-by-case basis.
We also understand that women often face unique challenges pursuing careers in tech, and we believe that diversity drives innovation and growth. That’s why we encourage talented women to apply for roles at Demandbase, even if they don’t have all of the required skills listed in the job description.
We acknowledge that true diversity and inclusion require ongoing effort, and we are committed to doing the work required to make our workplace a safe and equitable space for all. Join us in building a community where we can learn from each other, celebrate our differences, and work together.