Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 113 million registered learners as of September 30, 2022. Coursera partners with over 275 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Coursera’s Enterprise Solutions team serves global organizations, including leading companies, campuses, governments, and nonprofits, who seek to upskill or retrain their workforce with the world’s best education. This team is made up of three sub-teams: Sales, Customer Success, and Revenue Strategy & Operations, which operate globally and have members based out of our offices in Mountain View, New York, London, Gurgaon, and Abu Dhabi. As a Renewal Manager on our Customer Success team, you will have an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing/high-performing team and play a key role in contributing to our solution design for small segment customers in EMEA. Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will bring experiences that will help us build the foundation for our scaled solutions and take our customers and Coursera to the next level.
You will bring a Customer Success mindset to every conversation and will be the primary go-to commercial contact owner for our small business customers. Additionally, you will drive contract renewals with customers while cultivating best practices around our internal success playbooks, and be an essential part of our Customer Success team in our effort to ensure a smooth renewal process for our smaller segment.
Your responsibilities include carrying renewal ownership and driving commercial conversations with customers’ key decision-makers, legal, and procurement teams. You will work closely with our Customer Success Associates, Account Executives, Implementation Managers, Legal, and Finance team to ensure the long-term success of our customers and the adoption of our products.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of contract renewals for your small-mid customer segment in EMEA, as well as identifying other key growth opportunities for upsells
- Preparing the renewal proposals, quotations, and POs and managing all commercial negotiations through to close
- Build renewal strategies that proactively engage a customer in driving early renewal and growth
- Work with the Regional Manager to develop and refine the renewal process
- Drive outcome conversations and build rapport with customers and their key decision-makers, as well as legal, finance, and procurement teams
- You will partner cross-functionally to translate newly released product features into new solutions for customers (understanding and solving their business / L&D needs) to position our new products, features, and functions and escalate pain points
- 2+ years experience in the fields of sales, customer success, or renewals in the SaaS B2B industry
- Demonstrated history in operating a book of business at scale, handling a large volume of customer renewals (50+) and accounts with a strong execution on closing renewals and driving growth with Sales colleagues
- Experience working through the contract and budget processes with customers in SaaS software
- Demonstrated a history of identifying customer risks and implementing churn mitigation strategies
- Experience presenting to all levels of a customer (Coordinator to C-Suite)
- Experience with Salesforce, Gainsight, Clari, or similar sales, customer success, and forecasting tools
- Aptitude and flair for automation and streamlining workflow processes a plus
- Customer-oriented and focused – a customer success manager at heart
- Excellent time management and organization skills, and ability to operate under strict deadlines
- Business fluency in English
- Willingness to work in EMEA time zones
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills
Sales Pitch and Closing
Storytelling and influencing: Communicate with impact
Leading transformations: Manage change
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at [email protected].
For California Candidates, please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
For our Global Candidates, please review our GDPR Recruitment Notice here.