About The Role
We are Emerging Technologies and Incubations (ET&I) at Cisco. We are chartered to build the next new business for Cisco. To take Cisco into new markets, and especially towards new personas – both buyer and user. And like building a startup from the ground up, it’s all about having an entrepreneurial mentality. Taking an idea from a wild thought to a product that solves a critical need, to an experience that delights users and customers. It’s about innovation. From 12 months out to 5 years in the future. Wearing multiple hats. Failing and learning, fast. About complicated assumptions and finding new ways of solving problems. Driving from ambiguity. About creativity. We are looking for entrepreneurs. Thinkers. Designers. Marketers. Product Led Growth experts. Business Development, SDRs, Customer Success. Product Managers, SWEs, SREs. Data Scientists and ML engineers. Yes, we are building the next set of startups with the support of a trusted name like Cisco. Where else will you get to do this? We are Cisco ET&I. We run bold, we run agile, and we run ambitious. Come create with us. Learn more about us at https://eti.cisco.com.
What You’ll Do:
Our ventures, and therefore our Customer Success Management team, target a wide-ranging set of real-world problems that span the breadth of the software-centric disruptions happening across multiple industries, such as:
- Modernization of applications and the cloud native mentality.
- Application, API, systems, and network observability, security/hardening.
- Data governance, privacy, and authenticity.
- Challenges due to data-heavy edge compute applications.
- Automation across the software supply chain.
- AI is applied to infrastructure and applications.
- Future of the Internet, including Quantum networking.
And much more!
As a member of the Customer Success Management team, you will:
- Partner with customers to support them to onboard our modernization applications venture.
- Help grow and nurture cloud-native connectivity, security, and observability ecosystems.
- Architect and build tooling that accelerates our modernization application solutions.
- Build learning and demonstration labs.
- Present at conferences, write blogs and assist in building communities and focus.
You might be running customer proof of concepts, driving customer issues and ticket resolution, reviewing/improving learning and demonstration labs, hacking on cloud-native connectivity, security, and observability tooling.
As everyone’s journey is a little different, there are no explicit education or years of experience requirements.
We believe that curiosity and dedication to the work will contribute to a thriving CSM team.
Here are some of the skills we’re hoping you’ll bring to the team:
- Growing and maintaining healthy, respectful relationships with reports, peers, management, and customers.
- Demonstrated commitment to lifting others as you rise.
- Comfort with customer-facing interactions, preferably with real-world production deployment experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, backed by solid technical writing abilities and communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of one or more programming languages
- Have built cloud-native applications or tooling, and have driven open-source contributions.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform, Ansible…
- Understanding of version control systems and CI/CD automation process.
- Experience with open-source projects like Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), Open Source Security Foundation (OpenSSF), or OpenAPI Initiative.
- Understanding of software design and release management.
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data traveling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges, and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and sizes to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life too big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, which bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, and caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco