Cisco Systems – Customer Success Specialist
Cisco AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance, and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively supervising, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to shown success and trust with the Global 2000.
As a Customer Success Specialist, you will be responsible for providing premier post-sales technical expertise to our client base. Working directly with customers you will be the domain authority on application performance management as a practice and Cisco AppDynamics. You will be responsible for delivering value by driving the adoption of our App iQ platform across the client’s enterprise. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customer’s success.
Key responsibilities (What Do You Do?)
- Identifies and develops champions within the customer project team, extended team, and executive leadership to assist in new business development (expands) and stronger project sponsorship from customer partners. By ensuring value realization for the customer, you help ensure the continued success of Appdynamics within the client’s enterprise which ultimately helps secure the license renewal
- Conduct health checks and customer reviews periodically to ensure deployment is completed and production systems are configured for customer success. Handle any open FEs and outstanding Support tickets. Identify training gaps and opportunities for expansion and enhancement
- Actively Drive value realization
- Increase customer adoption by further voicing support for the benefits of AppDynamics
- Collecting instances where the customer realizes value from AppD (screenshots, dashboards, BTs, etc.)
- Develop Dashboards, and BTs, work on correlation, and alerting.
- Increase operational use of AppDynamics across the enterprise (operations, development, application owners, etc.)
- Drive a Strong Evangelization Program
- Weekly – Ask the Guide Calls
- Scheduled Topic of Interest
- Open Office Hours
- Assist in building a customer Wiki for Appdynamics content
- Drive and represent the client in any and all technical field critical issue calls
To be a successful Customer Success Specialist at AppDynamics, you need to have experience as a sales engineer, or as a technical professional services consultant and be passionate about driving technical success for clients. Ideally, you are daring, self-motivated, a problem solver, and have experience with application performance management technologies, and techniques coupled with Cloud and Big Data technologies. Other qualifications we are looking for include:
- Experience and competence working at OS command lines including Unix, Linux, and Window command prompts.
- Experience with Unix/Linux/Windows shell scripting
- Working knowledge of storage area networks and virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, and/or other cloud technologies
- Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts. Ability to fix basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today’s application architectures. Ability to understand SQL.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passionate about technical sales and working with customers
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ
- Ability to work with multiple clients concurrently
- Highly coachable with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional
- Travel up to 40%
- Demonstrates superb communication and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent technical understanding of all components of AD software;
- Effectively facilitates technical workshops and customer meetings to ensure all attendees are engaged and stated objectives are met;
- Excellent knowledge of AD delivery methodology and standard processes for APM and technology deployment.
- Experience with common .NET web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms, and messaging components such as ASP.NET, ASMX, WCF, MSMQ, etc.
- Experience with common Java web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms, and messaging components such as servlets, struts, Spring, EJB, web services, RMI, JMS, MQ-Series, etc
- Have sophisticated written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Prioritizes and handles time to deliver on commitments;
- Builds champions within our client’s team and coaches them for success;
- Continually strives to build sophisticated skills in becoming a trusted advisor,
- Maintains sophisticated Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Can present to Senior and C Level staff
Holds a technical bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Critical Experiences (What experiences do you Need?)
- 10+ years of technical IT experience
- 5+ years of APM or Application development deployment
- 5+ relevant years deploying Enterprise Management Software Solutions.
- Meets assigned timelines with high-quality, complete deliverables in unsupervised, sometimes remote situations;
- Works well in teams providing strong, relevant input and allowing ideas from others to be shared and used when appropriate;
- Earns the respect of other project team members through knowledge, drive, and capability;
- Can demonstrate success in building key relationships with teams in Sales, Support, and Product Engineering.
- Experience with escalation management working with Sales, Support & R&D.
- Multiple languages preferred
- International experience preferred
If you are looking for hands-on involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and numerous well-being offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of the incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of the target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.