CharterUP – Weekend Customer Success Account Manager
If you’ve been searching for a career with a company that values creativity, innovation, and teamwork, consider this your ticket to ride.
CharterUP is on a mission to shake up the fragmented $15 billion charter bus industry by offering the first online marketplace that connects customers to a network of more than 600 bus operators from coast to coast. Our revolutionary platform makes it possible to book a bus in just 60 seconds – eliminating the stress and hassle of coordinating group transportation for anyone from wedding parties to Fortune 500 companies. We’re introducing transparency, accountability, and accessibility to industry as archaic as phone books. By delivering real-time availability and pricing, customers can use the CharterUP marketplace to easily compare quotes, vehicles, safety records, and reviews.
We’re seeking team members who are revved up and ready to use technology to make a positive impact. As part of the CharterUP team, you’ll work alongside some of the brightest minds in the technology and transportation industries. You’ll help drive the future of group travel and help raise the bar for service standards in the industry, so customers can always ride with confidence.
But we’re not just about getting from point A to point B – CharterUP is also committed to sustainability. By promoting group travel, we can significantly reduce carbon emissions and help steer our planet toward a greener future. In 2022 alone, we eliminated over 1 billion miles worth of carbon emissions with 25 million miles driven.
We’re a remote-first workplace, but we encourage collaboration and connection with hubs in Atlanta, Austin, and Miami. CharterUP is looking for passionate and driven individuals to join our team and help steer us toward a better future for group transportation. On the heels of a $60 million Series A funding round, we’re ready to kick our growth into overdrive – and we want you to be part of the ride.
About this role
We are looking for a smart, caring Weekend Customer Success Account Manager to join our team! This role’s core focus is to help find chartered transportation solutions for our client’s group travel needs by leveraging our cutting-edge, marketplace technology. Clients include companies (including Fortune 500s), governments, sports teams, non-profits, and individuals across North America. This role handles phone-based, high-intent, high-velocity, transactional inside leads. Absolutely no cold calling involved. The role is an entryway into our enterprise sales team, which handles complex, long lead-time sales.
What You’ll Do
- Leave a refined, knowledgeable, and caring first impression on all potential clients
- Encourage organizations and individuals to book chartered bus transportation on our platform
- Teach potential customers about the amazing benefits of utilizing our technology
- Intimately understand clients and their scope of work to build out accurate trip quotes
- Gain exposure to a wide array of clients, industries, and transportation scenarios
- Be an authoritative source on the bus industry
What You’ll Need
- Ability to elicit trust from clients through a professional tone and impeccable manners
- Articulate and concise communication style coupled with great listening skills
- A conscientious approach to duties and responsibilities
- Relentless work ethic, mental toughness, and focus
- Passion for CharterUP’s mission and intellectual curiosity about CharterUP’s business
- Logical foundation to understand the underlying fundamentals of a problem
- Extroverted and agreeable personality when dealing with clients
- Creativity to handle never-before-seen situations smoothly
- Outstanding academic credentials from a top national university or standout corporate experience.
- For this position, mainly work Saturday through Wednesday instead of Monday through Friday
Team Application Process
- Step 1: Initial video call with Talent Acquisition + Brief (12 min) online assessment (Wonderlic)
- Step 2: Quantitative Reasoning Interview with Talent Acquisition
- Step 3: Video call with Hiring Manager
- Step 4: Offer, Background check, reference check
- Step 5: Welcome aboard!
At CharterUP, we don’t compromise on quality. We hire smart, high-energy, trustworthy people and keep them as motivated and happy as possible. We do that by adhering to our principles, which are:
- Customer First
- We always think about how our decisions will impact our clients; earning and keeping customer trust is our top priority
- We are not afraid of short-term pain for long-term customer benefit
- Create an Environment for Exceptional People
- We foster intellectual curiosity
- We identify top performers, mentor them, and empower them to achieve
- Every hire and promotion will have a higher standard
- Everyone is an Entrepreneur / Owner
- No team member is defined by their function or job title; no job is beneath anyone
- We do more with less; we are scrappy and inventive
- We think long-term
- Relentlessly High Standards
- We don’t accept “that’s how it’s always been done”; we constantly innovate and question established routines to improve processes
- We actively push to be proved wrong and welcome different ideas; the best idea wins
- We don’t compromise on quality
- Clarity & Speed
- When in doubt, we act; we can always change course
- We focus on the key drivers of a process that will deliver the most results
- Mandate to Dissent & Commit
- We are confident in expressing our opinions; it is our obligation to express our disagreement
- Once we decide, we enthusiastically move together in the agreed-upon direction
CharterUP is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.