Reporting to the Associate Director of Customer Success, the Customer Success Manager collaborates with Key Account Managers/Directors to create and execute service and Account Development Plans and provides product expertise for our largest, key account customers. This role is responsible for developing a strong and consultative relationship with their shared portfolio of key account customers, providing excellent customer service, and championing customer requests. This role is expected to understand the hotel distribution landscape to provide recommendations and identify opportunities to maximize clients’ revenue with products and related services.
Given our business model, where our customers pay us over time, Customer Success is vital to our long-term profitability. We will be successful if our customers are receiving massive value from our service.
- Serve as the product expert and Super User for Cendyn’s products
- Educate our clients on new and existing products/features
- Provide coaching and education to improve the adoption of Cendyn’s products
- Serve as an escalation point for Customer Support, Account Management, and Customer Success on product challenges
- Own the success and health of assigned customers by ensuring that they meet their goals with Cendyn’s products and services by creating and achieving short and long-term objectives in the Account Development Plans
- Define measurable goals and objectives with clear outcomes, and ensure cohesive communication across internal and customer audiences at all levels.
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience with proactive communication, orchestrating the right internal resources, and effectively aligning, tracking, and evolving customer business goals.
- Key account customer request ticket reviews and follow-up
- Key account customer critical success factors, KPIs, performance tracking of products
- Prepare and report on the performance of Account Development Plans at an executive level on a quarterly basis.
- Automate the predictable so we can humanize the exceptional:
- Drive customers to self-service first via the customer service portal
- Develop and deliver monthly product webinar training for Cendyn customers. These recorded webinars will become the basis for online learning paths for internal employees and customers.
- Conduct regular meetings to analyze trends in clients’ data and identify opportunities to provide best practices and industry insights to optimize revenue potential, based on performance metrics.
- Recognize any potential risk that the customer may face, and work with internal teams to mitigate and record potential risks.
- Assist with the creation and execution of the Service Recovery plan of action.
- Continuously share examples and best practices among customers, and educate them on industry trends, new releases, and product enhancements.
- Proactively identify, develop, and support revenue growth opportunities while building relationships as a trusted advisor to customers.
- Share achievement and success stories.
- Coordinate with the Key Account Manager/Director to
- prepare for monthly performance meetings with Key accounts
- prepare for Key account QBR and participate to deliver results for Customer QBR, and Internal/Stakeholder QBR
- develop and execute key account customer strategy
- ensure contract renewal
- Manage customer expectations, intimately understand and communicate customer requirements to internal teams, and communicate/train customers on new solutions.
- Advocate for our customers, making sure that the organization understands customer requirements and ROI from products.
- Communicate internally with sales and account management teams on potential growth opportunities.
- Continuously probe to uncover account needs, growth and upsell potential
- Liaise with the Implementation team to oversee key account customer implementations on products.
- Identify opportunities for ongoing learning to ensure full implementation and product adoption by each key account customer.
- Provide input and feedback, from a key account perspective to the Cendyn Product Management team, on solution features and functionality.
- Facilitate workshops and knowledge sharing with customers on best practices, new features, and new information about our products and services.
- Contribute to the ongoing initiative to continuously improve our approach to efficiently and effectively secure our customer’s success.
- Confidence and ability to create structure in ambiguous situations.
- Collaborate effectively to get things done, building, and nurturing strong relationships.
- Builds solid relationships with teammates, business partners, and specialists by fostering teamwork, partnership, and collaboration in a virtual or face-to-face environment.
- A strong team-player work ethic with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain product expertise and professional development through upskilling, training, and learning.
- General knowledge of major Property Management Systems and integration with Cendyn products
- Make high-impact presentations to influence customer actions
- Use Salesforce, Zendesk, and other CRM products to communicate and track customer interactions
Required Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated product expertise in the hospitality industry, or other industries with fixed, perishable inventory.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced technology firm and have the ability to adapt to changes.
- Team player, strong yet likable, go-getter personality, and a customer-focused attitude.
- Proven customer success experience where you are defined by your client’s success metrics and their satisfaction is highly desirable.
- Excellent listening, problem-solving, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and work under targets/goals.
- Organized and high attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Relationship Management – the ability to create and maintain strong relationships and grow accounts, with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Planning and Organizational Skills –Excellent organizational, planning, and proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Office Tools – Strong technical aptitude and skilled in Microsoft Windows-based office tools including presentation software, database software and desktop applications. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Basic abilities with SharePoint and Smartsheet are a plus.
- Analytical and Conceptual Thinking – Ability to interpret and analyze situations, identify solutions, and formulate recommendations for effective management.
- Innovation – Ability to initiate creative thinking to accomplish continuous improvement and evolution of the department.
- Communication – Excellent communication and presentation skills. Solid communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff, and/or outside contacts.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner.
This job operates in a home office or office environment. Working in an office environment requires a high degree of discipline and the ability to work with others in a moderately noisy open office environment with a centrally controlled heat/AC setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. Hours of work are according to terms and conditions and subject to changes by Manager’s communication and may have to accommodate customer schedules in different international time zones.
This position may require up to 35% of travel. Travel may be international, overnight, and outside of regular business hours.
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.