Description and Requirements
BMC works with 86% of the Forbes Global 50 and customers and partners around the world to create their future. With our history of innovation, industry-leading automation, operations, and service management solutions, combined with unmatched flexibility, we help organizations free up time and space to become an Autonomous Digital Enterprise that conquers the opportunities ahead.
If you are passionate about customer success and you are customer and people centric and are interested in helping BMC deliver on its commitments and taking your career to the next level, we invite you to apply online now. Please note that due to high volume of applicants received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Sr Customer Success Specialist is a BMC specialist role responsible for driving customer adoption of BMC products and helping customers achieve successful outcomes. As a BMC product specialist, you will champion the capabilities of our products and know how specific BMC products enable value in customer organizations today, and in the future. It is an exciting customer facing role that puts you at the forefront of supporting our customers by inspiring them to think about how our products can support their broader business needs. You know how to solve the most tactical and strategic problems for your customers as well as identify opportunities for new use cases and expansion. You have methodical product use case orientation, with a focus on all thing’s adoption. You are the “advisor” able to support and guide our customers to be successful using our products.
This role is a highly consultative role that does not perform implementation or configuration of solutions, but is the day-to-day contact to guide customer resources to maximize the adoption of BMC products and educating and enabling them on best practices that enable them to drive stronger and more engaged customer relationships through our products. This role interfaces with the customer across executive, IT service owner, enterprise architects and development teams throughout the customer journey: with an eye toward continuous customer advocacy and laser focus on helping customers adopt BMC products and achieve their business outcomes.
Ultimately, the overarching goal of the Customer Success Specialist is to ensure BMC customers achieve their stated business outcomes, realize value from their investments in BMC software and to fully adopt our products. For BMC to succeed, our customers need to succeed – and the Customer Success Specialist will be on the front lines of this mission.
To achieve these goals, the mission of Customer Success Specialist team will be to:
• Raise the bar for the overall BMC customer experience through seamless, outcome-driven engagement throughout the customer journey – with a focus on the user portion of that journey
• Be the change agent force that continuously advocated for and on behalf of the customer, providing unbiased, actionable, customer-driven feedback to BMC product and sales leadership
• Provide real-time visibility into the overall status and health of BMC’s customers
• Maintain a real time understanding of BMC’s customers and their adoption of our products
• Overarching responsibilities and objectives of the role include the following:
• Driving adoption of BMC products & solutions
• Improving overall customer experience throughout the customer journey, and delight our customers
• Cultivating, retaining & expanding BMC customer relationships
• To deliver on those three overarching responsibilities, the Customer Value Specialists must work with customers to:
• Demonstrate deep understanding of BMC products, core product features and use cases and their application within a customer’s complex environment
o Ability to relate the product to value and expected customer outcomes in an easy-to-understand, implementable adoption plan that will help guide our customers to achieve those outcomes
o Identify customer adoption challenges, CSAT risks and other indicators of churn risk
o Develop and manage remediation plans to alleviate customer challenges
• Demonstrate product features beyond central functionality to help customers achieve specific business results
• Develop and nurture trusted relationships with the customer
• Identify gaps (& opportunities) in the customer’s knowledge/utilization of BMC products consistent with their stated business goals
o Develop an approach to close gaps and roll into the customer value adoption plan, collaborating appropriately with the BMC sales and services team to identify and further vet expansion opportunities and pipeline that fits with our customer’s desired outcomes
• In addition to core customer-facing responsibilities above, Product Specialists must also:
o Track all engagement and touchpoints with accounts and provide continuous, unbiased intelligence on status of customer’s overall health
o Demonstrate a solid appreciation for the implications of customer adoption on BMC Net Revenue Retention Rates (NRR)
o Capture and provide targeted feedback into the BMC R&D teams to ensure critical mass customer feedback on BMC solutions is appropriately addressed in future innovation
o Champion on behalf of the customer for product improvements and product advancements
Competencies and Experience Needed for Success
• Bachelor’s degree in technology-related field and prior experience with SaaS is ideal for this role
• Customer focused and demonstratable passion about customer success
• 5+ years in customer-facing roles of progressing seniority, featuring a mix of technical complexity and enterprise architecture, influencing, program management, and execution skills
• Ideally, roles/experience would have been focused in enterprise software or IT consulting: as a pre-sales consultant, technical account manager or customer success manager
• Proven ability to quickly understand customer’s business processes/context (Sales, Marketing, Services, Support), business applications and automation requirements
• Technical background in IT Service Management, Workload Automation and/or IT Operations Management solutions is a plus, though not required
• Capable project/program management skills with ability to synthesize customer success outcomes into well-structured adoption plans that deliver against such outcomes
• Proven operational acumen with ability to define success targets and ensure attainment of targets
• Familiarity with next-generation enterprise software customer success principles, including customer health scores & management, adoption engineering, customer success plans, account planning
• Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
• Professional (even dynamic) presence, presentation and public speaking skills
• Ability to use Salesforce, Customer Success tools (e.g., Gainsight), PowerPoint, Word and Excel
• Technical background in IT Service Management is preferred
• Experience with BMC Helix ITSM is a plus
• ITIL Certified is a plus
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the accommodation request page.