BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best e-commerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the e-commerce industry.
Director, Professional Services & Customer Success Management, EMEA
BigCommerce is disrupting the eCommerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2022 “Best Place to Work” in several cities across the globe, is looking for a Director of Professional Services and Customer Success Management to lead our EMEA team. In this critical, strategic leadership role you will supervise and lead the EMA Professional Services and Customer Success teams who consult and advise the most exciting and fastest-growing merchants in eCommerce. You will develop and coach the team to provide industry-leading advocacy, drive client revenue growth, and help our clients sell more!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the EMEA Customer Success Management and Professional Services organization from our London office. You will be responsible for the development of the team leaders for the organization in terms of performance, and execution of processes, tools, and programs that achieve or exceed BigCommerce’s targets related to customer revenue retention, customer satisfaction, and referenceability.
- Define and optimize the customer journey for the managed segment of BigCommerce customers in a manner that drives adoption and growth on the BigCommerce platform as well as other products, services, and solutions that help customers succeed in eCommerce.
- Manage the daily operations of your organization with a particular focus on developing the team leaders and strategies that improves time to value on the BigCommerce platform during customer onboarding.
- Manage daily operations of your organization that produces incremental growth in monthly customer retention as well as recurring revenue increasing the lifetime value of merchants on the BigCommerce platform
- Develop practices of operational excellence that continually result in increasing the value delivered to clients.
- Develop systems and controls to scale and grow the organization while achieving repeatable quality client outcomes.
- Collaborate and develop measurable outputs and feedback loops related to cross-functional relationships with the following organizations:
- Marketing: Develop repeatable reporting and systems that provide customer insights and referenceable customers
- Sales: Ensure measurable reporting for handoff and transitions post-sale
- Business Development: Work in partnership with Business Development teams to ensure solutions are developed that maximize the potential for customer success as well as measurable outputs to track performance.
- Product & Engineering: Develop measurable feedback loops related to the voice of the customer product requests as well as product quality.
- Work with global and regional leaders in Professional Services, Customer Success, and Technical Support leadership teams in continuous process improvement as required.
- Develop measurable programs and systems that improve the efficacy of the Customer Success program which include but are not limited to playbooks and procedures for customer cadence, strategic business reviews, product improvements, and escalation management.
- Develop systems and programs for understanding customer health in a way that improves the identification of customer growth opportunities as well as churn risks and prevention.
- Ensure your organization is equipped to address enterprise client concerns promptly, leveraging resources from within the organization as appropriate.
- Advocate on behalf of your organization for enterprise clients with internal teams, external stakeholders, and the executive team to facilitate client success.
- Responsibilities include participation in a team that recruits, hires, develops, and retains best-in-class talent.
- Work closely with training and human resources teams to provide appropriate career growth opportunities for organization members.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years experience in Customer Success Leadership working with Enterprise software or SaaS organizations required.
- 10+ years of experience working in the Customer Success practice required.
- Thorough understanding and the use metrics-driven approach for managing large organizations to scale in the discipline of Professional Services or Customer Success Management.
- A thorough understanding of Customer Success Management and Professional Services metrics such as Net Revenue Retention, Net Promoter Score, Billable Utilization, Gross Margin, and CSAT
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with eCommerce is preferred.
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma preferred
- Ability to evaluate, measure, mentor, transform, and inspire a diverse existing team
- Be passionate about helping team members grow and succeed
- Own the client experience and outcomes, and inspire and hold team members accountable to the same
- Achieve monthly and quarterly business success outcomes
- Be a great collaborator and respected partner
- Build intra-company relationships to address challenges and take advantage of opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and an ability to provide concise and appropriate feedback to the leadership team that results in greater efficiency and understanding
- Exemplify BigCommerce values and mojo
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
Our employees make a difference. At BigCommerce, we believe that celebrating the unique histories, perspectives, and abilities of every employee makes a difference for our company, our customers, and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and the inclusive atmosphere we build together will make room for every person to contribute, grow and thrive.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture, and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com .