AVEVA is a global leader in industrial software. Our cutting-edge solutions are used by thousands of enterprises to deliver the essentials of life – such as energy, infrastructure, chemicals, and minerals – safely, efficiently, and more sustainably.
We’re the first software business in the world to have our sustainability targets validated by the SBTi, and we’ve been recognized for the transparency and ambition of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We’ve also recently been named one of the world’s most innovative companies.
If you’re a curious and collaborative person who wants to make a big impact through technology, then we want to hear from you! Find out more at https://www.aveva.com/en/about/careers/
Job Title: Customer Success Manager (CSM)
Manager: Director, CSM, Global
Location: Beijing or Shanghai
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact for AVEVA’s customers, including Fortune 100 companies, while simultaneously building upon your existing skillsets. We are looking for energetic, creative, confident, and well-organized individuals to help our customers and AVEVA succeed together through proactive customer engagements and joint experiences that deliver value for both parties. Customer Success Managers are the customer’s primary contact to help them realize more proven value faster by achieving their business goals by leveraging AVEVA technology. They accelerate the customer’s time-to-value in their use of our tools and foster higher levels of adoption and deployment leading to more significant ROI and customer satisfaction.
CSMs manage a set of accounts by creating success plans and executing against them. They regularly check in with the customer, and understand the customer’s industry, business, and goals. They build a strong relationship toward becoming a trusted advisor and service their business needs in an efficient and frictionless manner. They help the customer optimize the utilization of their existing and available products to ensure best practice adoption. They work in tandem with the Account Manager and hand off qualified opportunities for expansion. They act as the customer advocate internally to ensure timely and positive outcomes. They collect information and provide feedback to drive product improvements that lead to greater automation, self-service, usability, and customer empowerment.
Customer Success Managers will:
- Manage a portfolio of customer accounts through proactive engagements
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships, becoming a trusted partner and consultant
- Understand the customer’s goals, initiatives, products, and the value that they realize from AVEVA’s software, services, and the overall relationship
- Drive the success of our customers by greater adoption of the AVEVA technology and uncover possible expansion opportunities within the existing install base
- Service customer needs in an efficient and seamless manner
- Drive improvements in AVEVA processes and policies, helping to move toward greater automation, self-service, and customer empowerment
As part of the Customer Success organization, the Customer Success Manager manages existing accounts, ensuring the customer’s success and perceived value of the AVEVA software set. The Customer Success Manager will focus on five key areas for a defined customer portfolio as the CSM strives to become a trusted partner and consultant for those customers.
- Onboarding – establishing relationships, educating the customer on AVEVA resources and services, set expectations, identifying business goals and objectives, and accelerating deployment readiness
- Deployment – work with the Delivery Services Team or AVEVA partners to define architecture, identify and prioritize the rollout, recommend AVEVA Services or Support, define the Enterprise Roadmap, define and manage the ‘Services’ budget, and request, quote, coordinate AVEVA Services and Resources
- Adoption – understand customer’s business and operations, define Success Plan, educate and consult on AVEVA use cases of value to customer, leverage workshop services, drive adoption for strategic AVEVA software (Cloud, synergy Sales plays, etc.)
- Expansion – identify a new business opportunities and team up with Sales to generate business revenue, leveraging both on the deep expertise of the customer’s business and frequent contacts
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Customer Success Manager must also possess:
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in effectively leading staff of different roles and levels
- Ability to travel globally to customer sites and AVEVA offices, estimated 10-20%
- Ability to work well with cross-function and geographically distributed teams
- Strong multi-tasking ability with a keen sense of prioritization
- Strong relationship management and organizational skills
- Experience with project and program management methodology and techniques
- Strong presentation skills on AVEVA core technologies, business initiatives, and services
- ‘Out-of-the-box’ thinking that will enable the delivery of solutions and services tailored for individual customer profiles and situations
- Ability to think strategically, as well as tactically
- Foreign language proficiency is a plus
- Preferred 2-5 years of qualifying experience within the process manufacturing and/or services industry
- Preferred 2-5 years of AEVA software products working knowledge and similar products
- 3+ years of experience in a Customer Success Management role is a plus
- Effective use and understanding of CRM systems, Office 365, SharePoint, PowerBI, Salesforce, and Workday
Below is what support a Customer Success Manager should expect and/or need in order to be successful:
- A clear mandate and level of authority to make decisions in the best interest of the program
- The appropriate AVEVA staff to successfully achieve program objectives
- Appropriate training plan and resources to effectively perform this role
- Guidance and mentoring from the leadership of the AVEVA Customer Success organization
Measures of Success
The success of a Customer Success Manager will be measured based on the following primary criteria.
- Customer Satisfaction Score
- Customer Success Plan Creation & Execution
- Customer Scorecard Progress & Rating
- Number of Qualified Opportunities transferred to Account Managers
- Identified Value Stories
- Event Participation: Presentations and Key Attendees
- Customer References
- Value Add Partner Engagements
Other measures of success that are specific to customers and programs will be discussed, reviewed, and agreed to with the Director of Customer Success.
AVEVA requires all successful applicants to undergo and pass a comprehensive background check before they start employment. Background checks will be conducted in accordance with local laws and may, subject to those laws, including proof of educational attainment, employment history verification, proof of work authorization, criminal records, identity verification, and credit check. Certain positions dealing with sensitive and/or third-party personal data may involve additional background check criteria.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to being an exemplary employer with an inclusive culture, developing a workplace environment where all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. We value diversity and the expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.