The Senior Manager of Experience Design is a seasoned and results-driven leader who inspires great design, nurtures talent, and brings all functions together to deliver best-in-class experiences that Autodesk customers love.
You and your team will design and manage key experiences for Customer Services and Success Motions that will differentiate Autodesk and deliver on our intended Brand and Customer Experience Vision. Your team will also be responsible for journey management to assess and identify opportunities to improve our connected customer experiences.
You will be expected to work collaboratively and independently, both locally and globally, ensuring quality customer experiences are designed across cross-functional teams. You understand how to facilitate the balance between tactical and strategic design priorities and can take action in ambiguous areas. You have solid negotiation and decision-making abilities needed to gain cross-discipline leadership alignment. Your strong subject matter expertise will be an invaluable asset to your team and Autodesk stakeholders
A great candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a fast-paced, highly visible and evolving work environment that drives significant impact. You’ll tackle intriguing challenges in a dynamic, collaborative workplace full of smart, engaged people. If this sounds like your thing, read on!
- Represent Experience Design and Journey Management as part of the Customer Success Design Team leadership team advocating for world-class experiences that delight our customer personas across success and service motions
- Identify and accurately scope design projects by determining the level of detail required, design components at play, and expected customer/employee/partner impacts
- Help your team to articulate a compelling design vision and evaluate alternate design approaches, considering the cost of implementation, feasibility, and value to customers
- Collaborate cross-functionally with leaders from product management, success offerings practice owners, digital experience design teams, operations, and other disciplines to ensure a frictionless experience design process and high-quality outcomes that are ready to be executed upon
- Support and grow a global group of experience design and journey management professionals by nurturing the career growth of current employees, strategically planning, and hiring for emerging skill needs as you mature the design team’s capabilities
- Promote a culture of rapid iteration based on insights gleaned from customer research and data analytics
- Manage the day-to-day running of the team including budget, resource allocation, investment asks, organizational reviews etc.
- Be a thought leader, staying informed of emerging experience design and management trends to ensure alignment across Autodesk to deliver a cohesive and industry-leading customer experience
- 12+ years of related professional design experience
- 5+ years of leading a team of varied user experience disciplines including Interaction Design, User Research, Visual Design, Content Creation and Strategy, and Analytics.
- Ability to distill complex ideas and large amounts of data and viewpoints to their essence
- Top-notch design-thinking skills and design sense to facilitate the creative process
- Positive, can-do approach that inspires collaboration
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, and decision-making abilities
- Strategic mindset and a passion for promoting design thinking to drive alignment, innovation, and contribution to product strategy.
- You have a customer mindset – you can easily put yourself in the customer’s shoes and represent their point of view back to other team members
- You are a compassionate leader – you have a history of designing effective and healthy team structures through setting a clear charter, goals, and expectations for team members
- You understand the value of collaboration – you’re able to work with a variety of different stakeholders to create alignment and execute around common goals. To that end you also have exceptional communication skills, you are an attentive listener who is open to new ideas and respectful of differing opinions and perspectives. You strive to build a vast network of healthy and effective relationships across the organization
- You crave creative challenges – you see problems as opportunities to solve. You are naturally curious and are constantly pushing to understand the “why”
- You get stuff done – you know when it is time to turn from ideation to execution, and you do it flawlessly and with enthusiasm and attention to detail
- You bring data to the debate – you love data wrangling and delving into new datasets and recognize that a data-backed set of insights will lead to better recommendations and decision making
Consider applying even if you don’t feel that your credentials are a 100% match with the position description – we are looking for relevant skills and attributes, not a checklist of experience that exactly matches the position itself.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.