We are on a multi-year journey to move our technology from digital desktop tools to a cloud-based subscription model where we change the way the world is designed and created in the physical world. This will require changing the way we develop, sell, and operate our products, and is a prerequisite for helping our customers radically improve the way their products are designed, built, and used.
The Enterprise Customer Success team delivers services that help our enterprise customers implement and adopt Autodesk technologies faster and more effectively. By driving adoption within this strategic, named customer segment, Customer Success plays a major role in increasing overall adoption as well as customer loyalty and lifetime value.
The role of Sr. Director, ECS is a key member of the leadership team reporting to the VP of WW Customer Success. This role requires the ability to drive exceptional customer relationships and build strong teams while also being a master motivator and top-notch analytical thinker. The right candidate is truly passionate about customer advocacy and has a proven track record to talk about! Additionally, this leader will focus on creating actionable customer impact, fostering an environment of innovation, and demonstrating an ability to articulate a vision of continuous operational improvement.
- Lead a team of over 180 employees to deliver adoption growth, customer outcomes, and quantified value
- Combine the Customer Success Management and Consulting Delivery functions, which have historically operated as two different teams, into one unified organization by utilizing excellent change management skills and outlining a broad vision of how the combined team will operate and the many advantages that this new alignment will provide for both employees and customers
- Be accountable for driving customer adoption and consulting revenue by executing against customer success plans for a $400M+ renewable book of business
- Focus the team to develop, execute and manage Customer Success Plans (CSP) that detail efforts to achieve higher adoption and satisfaction by aligning with customer business outcomes
- Increase the lifetime value of customers through greater advocacy and reference-ability; serving as an advocate of the customer’s requirements of Autodesk Solutions
- Engage broadly across customer organizations from stakeholders to C-Level to create alignment between Autodesk and the Customer
- Build and execute regional strategic plans that ensure the local Consulting delivery teams meet organizational objectives & contribute to customer success
- Identify and define the strategic regional Consulting Delivery requirements (service lines & roles); build capacity plans to meet these local needs
- Align services from Autodesk Consulting, Enterprise Priority, and third-party Partner ecosystem to create customer value
- Champion ideas for evolving the ECS business across the global organization
- Attract, hire, and retain an elite group of Consultants and Customer Success Managers, fostering career development, global collaboration, and high standards to maintain a world-class practice
- Minimum 15+ years leading customer-facing organizations
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Experience leading a software professional services business
- Experience leading a Customer Success Management org
- Ideally a combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for creating customer outcomes by aligning services and third-party integrators and service providers
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- An enthusiastic and creative leader with the proven ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; preference for computer science or related degrees
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to influence inside and outside of the organization at the highest levels to garner support
- Experience using enterprise systems like SFDC is a plus
- Able to balance providing exceptional service with the need to improve financial performance, and increase revenue and profits
- Able to travel 30% of the time
The Ideal Candidate
- You are a self-starter that thrives in the face of challenge
- You are relentless in clearing obstacles with a resourceful and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- You have maniacal attention to detail, balanced with the ability to absorb large amounts of information that you can distill down into essentials
- You display high energy, maintain a positive attitude, have a contagious enthusiasm and a sense of humor that helps you and those around you adapt to the changing business environment
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers, and architects to digital scientists, students, and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world
Click below to learn more about our benefits in the US.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive package. For U.S.-based roles, we expect a starting base salary between $185,100 and $299,420. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location and may exceed this range. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.