Are you inspired by invention? Is problem-solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics (AR). We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
The Customer Success (CSM) team is the primary link between AR and Operations coaching site leaders on operational best practices, robotics systems, and tools. You will work directly with operations leaders at Amazon Fulfillment and Transportation Centers to meet or exceed the as-designed performance of their robotic technology and processes. You will identify operational pain points, and translate those into opportunities enabling product and/or process changes to improve system performance and customer sentiment. The successful candidate will work backward from customer objectives and influence a broad range of operations, engineering, product, deployment, and solution stakeholders from Global Robotics and Central Operations to ensure North American operations, engineering, support, and other organizations become self-sufficient with Amazon Robotics’ technologies.
You will use your technical acumen, program management, organizational change management, and communication skills to align a broad range of support initiatives for the customer. You will own and drive execution excellence for your portion of the end-to-end support model (e.g., technical, operational, organizational, and educational) that span several teams, levels, and cross-functional business units.
At AR we value critical thinking, and self-motivation, and thrive in ambiguous, entrepreneurial environments. You will pay attention to detail but think big on behalf of our customers. As a CSM, you have a business outcome mindset, broad technical background, and a passion for problem-solving. You are a team player, use data to make decisions, express yourself thoughtfully verbally and in writing, and are passionate about delivering Earth’s most customer-centric experiences.
Key job responsibilities
* Develop and implement mechanisms and processes to enable your team to scale with a growing AR network, build subject matter expertise, and innovate to address the needs of operations and AR customers.
* Auditing adoption and improving the effectiveness of safe and effective AR operational best practices within your portfolio or subject matter area of expertise.
* Identifying and addressing trending operational performance issues and improvement opportunities, and implementing solutions in the fulfillment network
* Facilitating network-wide rollouts of new robotic technologies and tools, and supporting operations’ launch of new robotic systems and continuous improvement initiatives.
* Identifying requirements and capturing the “voice of the customer” product/service feedback to influence product design and development priorities.
* Coaching site leaders on AR best practices and robotics systems and tools.
* ~25-30% travel expected
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or relevant experience
* 6+ years of experience in customer-facing roles, with experience resolving technical issues with operations, engineering (software/hardware), and leadership teams
* Experience managing multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
* Knowledge and/or working experience with analytical tools (SQL, Excel, tableau)
* Master’s degree in Engineering and/or MBA
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
* Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement methodologies
* Experience with robotics hardware, software, and/or system troubleshooting
* Experience in BI and analytical tools including Tableau, SQL, and R/Python
the pay range for this position is $138,300 and $187,100; however, the base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on the market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.