We are on a mission to make education affordable to everyone by helping universities & schools build better relationships with their alumni, which leads to increased donations.
- Democratizing quality education: Quality education is a great equalizer. When many students receive scholarships to access education because of alumni generosity they pay-it-forward when they have the capacity to do so. We derive our inspiration from actions like this
- Building a large profitable business: We envision building a capital-efficient, large profitable business to achieve our mission of democratising quality education. This means less dependence on investors & more ownership with the team. We are one of the few profitable Indian SaaS startups building Value SaaS.
- Employee Wellness <> Customer Success: We give as much importance to each team member’s personal & professional success as much as we care about our customer’s success. We believe it’s all about balance. Our recent WFH policies reflect this belief.
Our impact so far
- 3 million alumni connected
- 450,000 students impacted
- $3 million donations raised
- 54 million engagement opportunities created
- 32 months since profitability
Almabase is looking to hire a “Customer Success Associate” who will work directly with customers to help them use and understand the product, provide effective resolutions, and proactively take steps to improve product knowledge.
In this role, you are expected to be highly empathetic, accurately understand customers’ problems, and build deep product knowledge to resolve them effectively. The advantages of this role are —
- You get to understand our complete product. Very few people get to have it and ones with the complete knowledge prove to be extremely valuable to our customers.
- You get to deal with a varied set of customers (tech-savvy and non-tech-savvy), increasing your versatility in managing different situations.
- It can be a stepping stone to becoming a CSM.
You will be a part of the Customer Services team. Internally, this role would require interaction with the Product, Engineering, and Customer Success teams.
The Customer Services team plays a critical role in a growing startup as the team acts as the voice of the customer internally and the face of the company to our customers. Our Product provides many features, and this team is responsible for making the customer understand how to use them for the best of their needs. We’re looking for individuals who are self-driven, precise communicators, and well prepared to thrive in a fast-growing company.
Almabase is the world’s most loved alumni management software because we pride ourselves on providing an excellent and second-to-none customer experience. We encourage you to take a look at what our partner schools have to say about the customer experience we provide (our reviews)
- Accurately identifying the problem and providing solutions
- Taking complete ownership of the customer’s issue. You’re accountable for researching, reproducing, troubleshooting, and resolving concerns/issues raised by our customers via in-app chat or email.
- Have a deep understanding of the product to provide optimal resolutions to the customer.
- You’re expected to understand the customers’ actual needs and provide resolutions using specific product features.
- You’re expected to be both proactive (anticipating what can be asked and providing suggestions) and reactive(answering what the customer has asked for) in your approach when responding to the customer.
- You’re expected to analyze the technical issues reported by the customer and collaborate with the engineers to provide a resolution.
- Gathering information from the customer about features requested and communicating the information with the Product team.
- Providing tailor-made training to customers
- Understanding the customer and their needs and coming up with a training plan for them.
- Conducting the training sessions such that it instills confidence in our customers to use the product.
- Actively track the customer experience during training and the usage of the product to further tweak the training plans.
- Proactively identify the areas of Product to be improved for better adoption.
- Enhancing Customer Experience
- Consult optimum next steps that help the customer reap the maximum benefits from the product
- Resolving complex issues/queries for customers and implementing resolutions within set KPIs and SLAs
- Collaborating with the product team to suggest finer workflows or changes within the product that enhances customer experience with using the product
- Going above and beyond than providing just resolutions – creating short videos, suggesting best practices, workarounds, next steps, etc.,
- Checking in and following up with the customer regularly until the issue is resolved.
- Assisting Customer Success Manager with any customer requirements, queries, or issues in order to improve the customer experience.
- Accurately identifying the problem and providing solutions
4. Other Responsibilities
- Updating help articles based on any changes or improvements made to the product.
- Writing new help articles for the new features added to the product.
- Participating in the onboarding process for new team members by helping them understand our product and how the Customer Support team provides value to the customer.
You will primarily be supporting US educational institutions so you are expected to work from 6 PM to 5 AM IST(approx.)
- You have 6 months to 2 years of experience with second to none Customer service experience
- You are self-driven, self-motivated, and well prepared to thrive and scale your career in a fast-growing startup.
- You pay attention to the detail and stay focused; nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You are excellent in your writing skills when it comes to responding to the customers. Very precise and well-articulated.
- Problem-solving is second nature to you. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions.
- You volunteer for new challenges and take ownership of it to make a difference.
- You are fast in learning and understanding SaaS(technical) products like Almabase.
- You are comfortable learning and using tools such as Google Suite, Asana, Slack, Loom, Notion, etc.
What does your 1st year look like at Almabase?
- Have some context of the industry we are operating in and how does our product help the customers
- Have a complete understanding of how the Solutions Delivery and Customer Support teams contribute to Almabase.
- Fair understanding of different functions/teams at Almabase and meet (in person or online) with team members of every function.
- Responding to basic customer queries with assistance.
- Playing around with the Almabase products to build product knowledge.
- Getting the hang of using internal tools such as Slack, Intercom, and Asana
By the 3rd Month
- You have a good idea of how every team functions and the timelines to follow when reaching out to those functions
- You have a really good understanding of at least one of our product features, and basic knowledge of the rest.
- You can resolve customer queries on the product feature you understand well with little to no assistance.
- You have shadowed multiple training calls.
By the 6th Month
- Capable of independently taking up customer requests and internal team requests
- Have a great understanding of the product and resolve customer issues/concerns without any assistance
- Contribute to updating the existing help documents to enhance customer experience
- Taking up/suggesting initiatives that help the Customer Services team.
- You should be able to own some key results set for the team and develop initiatives to achieve them.
- You should take up 8-10 training sessions completely on your own.
- You should take the complete ownership of the customer experience for the conversations and training you are handling (CSAT, CES, etc.)
- Able to partake in conversations that help with product improvement.
The 1-year mark
- Lead the training and support initiatives for the following year completely.
- Set up strategies to achieve the set SLAs and CSAT score for training and support.
- Effectively communicate the roadblocks in achieving the targets to the Director of Customer Services, and work with them to address them.
- Help the CSMs resolve queries related to products without any guidance and assist new team members with product knowledge.
- Should be able to help the team in the recruitment and hiring process (for customer support)
This is what our team members enjoy the most about Almabase:
- Freedom & Responsibility: If you are a person who wants to take up challenging work & push your personal boundaries, then this is the right place for you. This article does a fantastic job of articulating the growth mindset we’re trying to develop – https://www.brainpickings.org/2014/01/29/carol-dweck-mindset/
- Great Salary & Equity: For our top performers and leaders, we grant stock options. As Almabase continues to grow, you’ll have a real opportunity to create wealth for yourself and your family. We’ll ensure you are financially well-off in the end.
- Holistic Growth: Building a career doesn’t have to be at the cost of missing out on your personal front. We believe that professional success is worth when the personal goals are nurtured with equal importance. We will support you on that journey of yours.
- Transparency: If you ever wanted to know what it’s like to be on an entrepreneurial journey, then working with Almabase gives you that opportunity to experience it all firsthand.
- Food & Snacks: You’ll never have to worry about your hunger pangs. We provide tasty home cooked food & snacks at all times of the day. Obviously, this is applicable when you are in the office only 🙂
- Health insurance: We offer health insurance coverage for you & your dependents.
- Unlimited leaves & work-from-home: There is no ceiling to the leaves or work-from-home days. Our only policy is that you use your good judgment. We only care about the work being effective and on time. Do it from wherever you want to do it.
- The comfort of home: On a tiring day, if you want to take a break on a bed or if you want to jog & take a shower at work or play your hearts our on PS4.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, join us for an exciting and equally fulfilling ride at Almabase!
This is a WORK FROM OFFICE role.
We follow a hybrid model while working from the office.