The Customer Success Engineers (CSE) serves as a designated technical contact and a trusted advisor to Algolia’s customers. The CSE is the key member of the team, for all technical topics including customer onboarding, training and ensuring the resolution of complex issues with the full context and understanding of the customers specific product and technology environment. The CSE will orchestrate reactive and proactive support across Algolia Product Engineering teams as related to a customer’s operation and optimization of Algolia’s products. By maintaining a long-term relationship with their customers, a CSE gains an understanding of the customer’s overall technical environment, usage trends, and pain points – which is used by the CSE to effectively support customers.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF
- Serve as the primary point of contact, develop and lead the technical relationships for a named set of accounts.
- Work closely with your account’s Customer Success Manager to ensure the customer’s long term health through a world-class support experience.
- Manage a diverse and complex scope of support issues across multiple client engagements.
- Work across the organization and escalate as necessary for confirmation of solutions or other options.
- Effectively troubleshoot, properly document, and regularly update customer’s support issues.
- Submit software bug reports to the Engineering team for problems needing attention.
- Partner with Product Teams and Engineering to develop subject matter expertise and serve as a product expert to your customers.
- Develop, maintain and present comprehensive case status reports to customers on a regularly scheduled meeting.
- Proactively identify and work with the customer to resolve technical risks and bottlenecks.
- Provide guidance on how to optimize the use of their environment.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with REST API, database management, and web development technologies
- Strong desire to help people solve problems with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a broad audience
- Proficiency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone and email channels
- Excellence in time management, task prioritization, and evaluation of situational urgency
- Travel to customers’ locations may be required
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with iOS & Android platforms.
- Experience supporting open-source projects & their GitHub communities.
- Experience with Shopify, Magento, and Salesforce.com a plus
- French speaking is a plus
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT – Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST – Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR – Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE – Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY – Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity;
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, you name it;
- Everything you need to be efficient;
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences;
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French);
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents;
- Charitable contribution matching;
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice;
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We’re committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!