Actionstep is a pioneer in the development and sale of software-as-a-service (SaaS) products, specializing in the delivery of Legal Practice Management software. We are a fast-growing, dynamic business with a global customer base of more the 2,500 law firms and a team of over 100 in the USA, UK, Australia, and New Zealand. We are expanding our Customer Team to support our business growth in the New Zealand market and are currently looking for experienced Customer Success Managers to join our team.
Based in New Zealand you will have proven experience in the legal or accounting industries. You will be a strategic and supportive partner for our customers in this opportunity. As a tenacious and empathetic expert, you will proactively engage in the day-to-day management of your accounts, including strategic account planning and customer success issue resolution.
Reporting to the Director, Customer Success, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining existing and new customer relationships while leading the customer to full adoption of our product. We are looking for someone who is customer focused, social, and analytical. This candidate should possess an aptitude for learning and using new software and be someone who can communicate clearly and effectively. This is a chance to make an impact in a successful cloud-based technology business.
Who you are:
Compassionate: you can mediate, counsel, and empathize with both internal and external teams to ensure customer expectations are managed while validating different experiences.
Curious: you want to find the answers and will work all the angles to get it done. You go above and beyond with in-depth research and evaluation to solve complex problems.
Principled: you build credibility and trust by understanding and addressing customer requirements.
Results-focused: you like to check things off your list and have a bias for action, using your decision-making prowess to make decisions quickly and solve problems.
Detail-oriented: you zoom in on the important facts and connect the dots between seemingly unrelated items.
Collaborative: you thrive when sharing ideas and connecting with the right people to find solutions
Cool under pressure: you know how to focus and keep your eye on the results.
What you will do:
Drive customer strategy and maintain account direction by working collaboratively with the Customer Success organization.
Build strong, long-term relationships with customers by staying in constant communication and efficiently resolving issues with alternative solutions tailored to individual needs.
Serve as an Ambassador, educating customers on the capabilities of our software to ensure they are leveraging Actionstep effectively and finding value in our services.
Evaluate risk management for each customer, proactively evade dissatisfaction or lost business and ultimately drive retention throughout the customer life cycle. This role includes a bonus component.
The KPIs you will own:
- CSAT (Customer Satisfaction) for Customer Success interaction
- Increase of NPS (Net Promoter Score) (owned with the Customer Team Organization)
- Customer churn percentage (owned by the Customer Success Organization)
- CHS (Customer Health Score)
What you will bring:
- Accounting/trust accounting knowledge
- Exposure to the legal industry (working with lawyers and law firms)
- A strong understanding of technical vernacular in order to effectively communicate with customers and internal teams.
- Experience working with Microsoft Teams, Churn Zero, Fresh Desk, Zoom, Azure
- 2+ years of experience in Customer Success, Consulting, or Sales related field
- Confident, high energy, self-motivated, and a true team player
- Creative thinker, strategic and proactive
- Ability to effectively communicate through all mediums (virtual, verbal, listening, written).
- Strong aptitude for technical software products
- Ability to build credibility and trust by understanding and addressing customer requirements
- Proven track record of sustaining & growing complex relationships
- Proven ability in customer retention, presentation skills, and ability to work independently to deliver customer success.
- Exceptional client management and communications skills
- Experience working with senior and executive-level customer contacts
JOIN OUR INSPIRATIONAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Wear what you like to work.
- Beautiful office in Auckland CBD
- Unlimited PTO.
- Take your birthday off.
- Weekly socials and frequent team-building events.
- Relaxed and friendly team.
- Fantastic career development opportunities.