1Password – Customer Success Manager
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty, and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
Our Customer Success team works proactively and prescriptively to help customers get the most value from their investment in security and privacy by establishing long-term relationships and acting as trusted advisors to our customers.
The Customer Success Manager guides Teams and Business customers through established best practices by demonstrating an understanding of their structure and needs while guiding them throughout their 1Password lifecycle working closely with Onboarding and Account Management. This individual acts as the customer champion and advocate, helping increase awareness of customer needs and priorities. Customer retention is a key focus for this team member, supporting our customers in seeing the value of their investment with 1Password, and driving towards their adoption goals through proactive and reactive customer engagement.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for:
- A proven track record as a top performer in customer success, specifically within the Enterprise customer segment.
- Extensive familiarity and experience with the cybersecurity industry and SaaS space.
- Confidence working with C-level executives and managing the needs of various stakeholders globally within a book of business.
- Strong communication skills over email, phone, and video calls. Presenting and speaking to new people each day excites you. Your style is concise yet empathetic – with a balance of teaching and listening/learning yourself as well as knowing when to pivot in a conversation.
- Experience with and passion for helping people or businesses use software to be more productive and efficient. You’re passionate about discovering what a team needs in their workplace, and you ask strong open-ended questions that help you learn more about them. You are able to synthesize intricate technical challenges and effectively deliver meaningful solutions to experts in the IT and security space.
- Drive to collaborate effectively with internal teams, balancing individual customers’ success with company needs and opportunities.
- Strong understanding of the acronyms SCIM, AD, CLI, SSO, and SaaS and the principles behind them.
- Penchant for self-guided learning and adaptability. Since 1Password is remote, it’s important to be independent in your research, but also have the humility to ask for help when you aren’t sure about something.
- Strong project management, strategic planning, and organizational skills to ensure customer-related tasks don’t get missed or dropped.
- Personal experience as a user of 1Password.
What you can expect in Month 1:
- Get to know the product, our culture, the Customer Success processes, and the people you’ll be working with.
- Learn our CRM, what and how we track, and the benefits of keeping customer information within it updated.
- By the end of the first month, you’ll be able to guide a larger or high-potential customer through at least one level of the defined Customer Success process.
What you can expect by Month 3:
- Can guide customers through multiple levels of the defined Customer Success process, using your relationship with our Onboarding and Account Management teams to educate, provide feedback, and discover opportunities to upsell or expand.
- Proactively report on customers’ needs and valuable feedback so marketing and product teams can accurately reflect messaging and prioritize the right projects to improve the product.
- Build and maintain a healthy database of customers for whom you are the Success Manager.
What you can expect by Month 6:
- Have developed your best personal approach and rhythm, analyzed the Customer Success processes to maximize your customer engagement, and begun collaborating with cross-functional peers to influence and iterate on best practices across internal teams.
- Have a steady book of customers with whom you’ve learned needs, built rapport, and put Success plans in place influencing the broader Customer Success metrics and processes.
United States-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $68,000USD and $92,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k, and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual’s compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top-up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full-time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support, and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages are spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people, and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever’s Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [[email protected]].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [[email protected]] or through 1Password Support.